couple of questions about Durban, south africa

Discussion in 'Indians in Africa' started by tabj, Feb 25, 2015.

1. tabj

tabj New IL'ite

Hi, I have couple of question if convenient for you can you please answer some of them.
    1. what sort of house / apartment (3 bed for family of 5) can be rented in 30,000 ZAR per month considering safe and convenient location such as central town area. if this amount is not sufficient then what will be expected rent for such apartment / house.
    2. what will be approximately utility cost for such apartment say 3500 to 4000 ZAR per month.
    3. what is the typical cost of the normal saloon car e.g Toyota corolla. is it easy to get bank loan/lease on cars and what are typical interest rate for a 3 year period.
    4. what is the fuel cost per liter petrol and diesel.
    5. what is the cost of health insurance for children and wife.
    thanks a lot in advance,

2. cappygirl11

cappygirl11 New IL'ite

R 30 000 can probably rent you a very luxury house. Possible a freestanding double storey with 4 or 5 bedrooms...In a decent surburb .

I would estimate utility costs to be between 8000 and 10 000 cost electricity in south africa is expensive and in short supply

I think a Toyota corolla is between r200 000 and R300 000 and bank loans are relatively easy provided u a citizen and employed for at least 3 months and have a decent credit rating. Interest rate varies according to credit rating. Prime or up to prime +5%. Prime is 9.5%

Fuel is around R 12 per litre

Health insurance on a single person is between R1600 toR8000 depending on the plan you want. Basic or very comprehensive. Probably for a family of 5 then between R500 and r20000