Cost of Maid in Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Hyderabad' started by rekhatj, Jan 19, 2010.

1. rekhatj

rekhatj Senior IL'ite

Lathaa, if that is the case then we dont have any option but to pay what they ask.

And do you know these maids have their own unions in their specific areas. And there they decide how much to demand. And once decided noone will not accept if we offer less.

When i asked my maid the same, she said ..'ledu amma maa meeting la cheppinru..Thakkuva aithe oppukovadhu ani.'..So no other choice..

Rekha

2. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

wow they have a union i dint know
    our maid nicely escapes on every festival time
    and she comes bak after 4 days and during months july-jan its horrible she says some relatives marriage,festivals what not and escapes but wants full money ..i always say her if i work like you in my office they will throw me out next month:rant

3. rekhatj

rekhatj Senior IL'ite

Hi lavii,

Even i face the same problem like you.. Leaves during festivals, sudden leaves, relatives, marriages, death etc etc..I will be like .. :rant..I wonder how come they have so many parties and functions.

Some excuses from my old maid.. ma nanna ki paamu karisindi, ma thammudu ki kukka karisindi etc etc..God knows if those were really true...

And some times when she says fever, my kid was not well etc etc..i really dont have any option but shut my mouth and think of getting her replaced..But most of them are like that...

Rekha

4. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

haha
    rekha
    seems that maids family is being huanted by animals
    some enimity:biglaugh

5. rekhatj

rekhatj Senior IL'ite

haha....looks so..

6. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

Yes agree with you friends. Maids are very demanding in Hyderabad. When I and my DH were staying at Hyd. in Banjara Hills in our own 3BHK, we used to pay Rs.1600/- to the maid.

7. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

Yeah when I stayed at banajara hills before marriage....there were 5 of us in 3 bhk and maid used to take 2800 rs for cooking single time ( for 4 of them....1 used to cook on her own).....washing utensils and washing clothes(this is not done everyday ...and we had restrictions on number of clothes put for washing)

8. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

Yeah when I stayed at banjara hills before marriage....there were 5 of us in 3 bhk and maid used to take 2800 rs for cooking single time ( for 4 of them....1 used to cook on her own).....washing utensils and washing clothes(this is not done everyday ...and we had restrictions on number of clothes put for washing)

9. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

wow saipavani,, only rs 700 per person for cooking, washing and utensils ?? does nt it sound reasonable for cooking -- i really am not having practical awareness on this, but as far as i enquired they were telling 1000 - 1500rs per person,..... so i am jumping from my seat !!:rotfl

did she buy vegetables or did u have to buy them previous day and keep it ready ?

could she cook breakfast, lunch and chapatis for night all at one time in the morning itself ?

also tell me how u found her ? -- known to you or from any manpower agency ?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  10. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

I am not sure if the amount varies from area to area. We are four adults and we payed the maid (Washing clothes, Utensils,Sweeping and mopping every alternate day, cleaning bathroom every Sat), we paid 700 when we stayed in Madinaguda. When we shifted to Alwal we pay 1500 for the same work. But I think the difference is the size of the house. Earlier it was a 2 bedroom apartment and now its a triplex house with four bedrooms (All with attached bathrooms). Apart from this she cleans the car park, terrace and help me to clean the house once in a month. My MIL gives her saree and some special bonus for festivals. Everyday morning breakfast and tea is a must. What are your comments. Is this reasonable?