1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Cost of living in Irvine CA

Discussion in 'Indians in Los Angeles' started by cooks2010, Jun 22, 2012.

1. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

In my opinion, the extra money spent on apartments in Irvine is worth it because it is a very nice city, safe, and the people around are clean and the temple there is nice.

Shobhna

2. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

Shobhna, On a lighter note, can u pls explain the above phrase ? Any thoughts on why schooling is great here? I've heard similar reviews about tustin ranch [ not tustin ], too.

3. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I am not sure about the schools as I do not have any little ones yet :) I live in westminster, close to Huntington beach, here we see plenty of people walking around with torn clothes, no shoes, talking to themselves, doing drugs etc. I have not once seen this in Irvine. I know that not everyone in Irvine is good, but the class of people is better in Irvine, just look @ the apartment prices in anaheim you can find a one bedroom apartment for $950, but the neighborhood is dirty. In irvine you can not even find a studio for that price, but the neighborhood is super clean and nice.

4. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

Thx for the info, shobna. I was contemplating on moving out of Irvine, as the rental rates are super high, especially for the matchbox size apartments. I think now i'll stick to irvine for my own mental peace. Perhaps, the equally high ratio of Asians make a huge difference.

1 person likes this.
  5. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Hi everyone, thanks for the positive replies. We are planning a trip to visit Irvine, before we make our final decision, so am really excited about that.

cooks.

6. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Hi Deepthi,

So I went back and read your post. You mentioned that you live in Cypress, CA...so thats around 36 min from irvine. Are the apartments larger there? or cheaper? Is it a nice area?

I am not sure if my husband would like to commute 40 min, but if its worth it apartment wise, then maybe we would consider.

cooks

7. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

There are cheaper apartments a lot closer to Irvine, costa mesa,tustin,lake forest, mission viejo, aliso viejo etc. My husband works like 40 minutes from where we live and with traffic it takes him almost 1.5 hours to go to work and 2 hrs to come home in the evening. My advice would be to try some place in south OC because it is a safer and better area, I have lived in Anaheim/Garden Grove area I was miserable there.

8. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

ok thanks, that helps. I will surely research those other areas you mentioned.

cooks

9. anonymous2011

anonymous2011 Senior IL'ite

Hi Cooks2010

We are renting a townhouse 1200 sqft. Hardwood floors, washer dryer I mean if you see the apartment you will just love it. Yes it is way cheaper than Irvine I bet! It is a very nice area than Westminster which is more of korean community :) It is surely a worth will pm you all the details and pictures if you want :)

Thanks,
    deepthi

10. anonymous2011

anonymous2011 Senior IL'ite

It depends on many factors like amount you wish to spend for an apartment, cost of living in particular city etc.