Cost of delivery in Tamilnadu

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by amsuganya, Feb 14, 2012.

1. amsuganya

amsuganya New IL'ite

hi all

i want to know present cost for normal delivery & c-section in Tamilnadu......

also want details regarding no. of days of bed rest for both cases & approximate cost for the same.......

2. rajisarvan

rajisarvan Senior IL'ite

Hi,

C Section will come around 50 K. in a premium hospital. If u r admitted in a nursing home, it will come around 35 - 40 K.
    Need to be hospitalized for around 4 days. And need to be on rest for atleast 3 months.

For normal delivery, can get discharged within 1 day itself. and need not to be on much rest. but in both the cases , do not do much work in water as it is risk. Donno about the delivery charges for normal delivery.

All the Best and wish u a safe delivery

3. stalin4d

stalin4d Senior IL'ite

Anybody know the cost for normal Delivery in Premium Hospitals like chennai or madurai or trichy?

4. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

It depends upon the nursing home and the kind of room you have .I had a normal delivery two years back at GKNM hospital,Coimbatore.

The charge was around 10,000.I was discharged on the third day.

20 days after delivery,I started to cook for my family and was able to do all normal works.But,for full three months ,I didn't lift heavy weights and avoided washing activities ,as working a lot in water causes cold in infants.

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

It depends on the city and the hospital...

2 years back,i was admitted in Kamakshi Hospital in chennai for my delivery and had a C-sec,all together it came around 65K for 4.5 days ...whereas another lady delivered a day or two before mine and she had a normal delivery and her charges where some 20-25K for 3 days(not full 3 days)

but normally nowadays you can keep the budget as 20-25K for normal delivery
    and for C-sec some 60K

For Normal delivery,i dont think you ll rest for more than 10 days...you ll become normal
    For C-sec,sure 2-3 months...infact you cant do much work because of pain...

6. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

I had a Normal deelivery at Vijaya Hospital Chennai 4 years before. The Final nill was around 21K including 3 days of stay in the Hospital

7. chrisatz

chrisatz New IL'ite

Any suggestions about Global hospital? Any good gynec at global hospital? how much do they charge for delivery?

8. chrisatz

chrisatz New IL'ite

How is Dr. Sura Pushpalatha, global hospital chennai? Any reviews? experience? How is global hospital for delivery?

9. angel66

angel66 New IL'ite

hi...which gynaecologist have u gone to? And do u know how much they will charge for c-section in vijaya and even normal delivery presently