1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Corporate life Back in memories..............

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by madhurisatya, Apr 24, 2009.

1. madhurisatya

madhurisatya Silver IL'ite

July10th 2006, morning 9:30Am, at a corporate IT MNC entrance, i was eagerly waiting with my father to take my Employee card to go into the company along with other freshers who got appointment letter to join on that day.Every one was eager and excited for new role in life.

Finally i got my card and stepping towards the reception.Oh!!!! :spin a beautiful lady wished me with a bunch of rose flowers and said WELCOME ABORD!!!!...din't get a word to utter.. moved forward to explore the office.As i am moving on....nice aroma of cofee beans... calm environment, remembered the freshness in coffee mornings.:coffee..I was in that world, suddenly HRs annouced that they will be taking us to Meeting Hall which was near by to office.

We boarded the bus... hmm every one are fresh grads out of college with full enthusiasum.Parents are not allowed to come with us in the bus.So i was alone and sat in one seat..After few minutes i said hi to the girl who is sitting beside me.She is more tensed than me as she came from some other place to Hyderabad to join the company.We exchanged our biodata like which college, branch, percentage, location etc..,In this discussion we din't realise that we reached the Meeting location.

We were asked to take seat, and HRs were busy in completing our joining formalities.I completed all the form fillings, signatures, document submission and was waiting eagerly for next event.

The President of the company gave an inspirational speech about the company and the job which we are going to do...followed by induction of each department introudction and what services they will be providing like Finance, HR,Networks,Facilities.. etc.

This continued for 2 days, on the third day my technology in which i am going to work was announced .Dissappointed a lotRantbut was helpless as i don't have exposure that we can ask for technology change.. all that stuff.

We were asked to undergo training for 3 months in various technologies...Can any one guess the location of the training...It was a Resort which was in ouskirts of the city...From the next day on we used to gather in a common place, from there company bus was there to take us to that resort.

Ahh a small and cute resort with greenary all around. We never felt that we were in corporate training.Trainers were also very friendly.One sad thing is we can't leave that resort on our own as there was not public transport from that location.Everyday bus used to come at 6.00pm in the evening.Our trainers are so sweet they used to leave us by 4:30 or so.From that time on roaming around the resort,playing outdoor games, chit chatting Big Laughas if we were in college..

Three months passed away easily but few up and downs...like meetings with managers and HR meetings, Training head warnings!!!..

It was unforgettable time where i got around 60 friends.. After that each one were scattered to different teams...One lucky thing is all my seniors are in different location.They only used to call me and assign the stuff..

There were 3 buildings.. I was in one of them and rest of my other friends were in other building in every floor.So i used to visit them in our big Cafeteria and have fun.
    Never ever forget those cafeteria gossipis, enjoyment........

By the way i formed a girls gang of 6 and we used to go for cofee, snack, lunch together...All my friend's managers were in the same location and they used to observe whenever we roam around ..

I miss that enjoyment,gossips in cafeteria, local train journeys to office, night shift tension,appraisal discussion, rating analysis ,salary hikes so on............

Everyone who are working in corporate profile will have same memories with few additions and some subtractions... What do you say my dear ILs.......

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Enjoyed your blog. I never been to any corporate system and I enjoyed reading your blog.

andal

3. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Nice one.. keep writing. I could imagine your resort and MNC.
    I got recruited in a popular MNC in India, but before my joining date, i landed here in US and always thought maybe I missed something and I should have taken that job.
    But nonetheless, happy where I am today... well placed!