1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Corals

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by sunitha, Oct 19, 2005.

1. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

I have heard that corals are cheap in the U.S.

Can someone help me with this...how do I select corals,where can I get them,what will the approximate price be...

I would like to gift this to my mother,sister and MIL.Pls help.

Cheers:thumbsup

2. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

Try in gems and stones exhibitions!

Hi Sunitha,

Normally there will be gems and stones exhibitions coming up in various cities in the US. Try there and you can get good prices.

However, the price of corals depends on their size and quality . Corals sold in international gem shows are usually of good quality .

For an idea of prices according to their size see this website - http://www.marisint.com/

3. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

Hi sunita

You can buy corals from Indian Jwellerry shops, u get nice ones there. Last year I bought about 80corals from a jwellerry shop in NJ and I made Neckware, earring and bangles out of it. Its very good. I checked with my jweller about the quality of the coral and he told that its nice.

Regards
    priya

4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Thanks,Rathi and Priya.

Thanks a lot for the info...

Rathi,that website is very informative...Thanks

5. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

If you live in NJ, there are some shops exclusively for corals, white beads, rubies and many other items.

Try abson imports which is near woodbrige or Balaji corals, oak tree road and they both have a very good collections.

Good luck..

6. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Thanks

Thank you Ami,but I am in California.

I have seen the website add given by Rathi,the price of corals don't seem to be that low.Infact I found pearls to be cheaper.I am wondering if those pearls will be good quality....

I have anyway decided to check out some shops here in Sacramento...will let you know the outcome.

7. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

If you wait till Christmas, then you will get a better discount. Both corals (both colors) and pearls's price, it depends on no. of qty in a string and also abt the size. If you buy less no. of string, then the prize will be ok.

Similarly, when comes to white beads, it is available from 4 dollars upto 25 dollars or so. The only thing is that quality, size; and, it is not for every day use which is sure. Though the person tells that you can soak in water etc. etc. practically, it does not come that way.

As I bought both of them for my mother, am telling you this.

Other than corals n pearls, there are many other attractive color beads also available. I dont remember their names, but it is like honey color, black, blue etc. which is quite impressive.

8. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

thanks Ami

Thank you Ami,yes,I am planning to wait till Thanksgiving/Christmas season for all purchases since I will be going to India mid-Jan only.

9. gangab

gangab New IL'ite

corals and pearls

check vcorals.com website too

10. sulaksuresh

sulaksuresh New IL'ite