Coping a miscarriage/early pregnancy loss.

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Riya2012, Mar 7, 2012.

1. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Riya sorry for your loss and wishing you loads of luck.One of my friends too underwent this and now she is a mom of a beautiful Riya :)

I too read that drinking jeera water as suggested by sitaraj helps in reducing the inflammation of the uterus.Even after dinner, we drink warm jeera water everyday.Also, I saw Dr.Oz show where he suggested to make sure to eat protein based stuff within 30 min of your waking up like sprouts, egg toast or a protein shake.

2. Applepie01

Applepie01 Senior IL'ite

Hey Riya,

Even i had been in the same position.I had two early pregnancy losses.I was suggested to intake lots of fluid especially pomegranate and cranberry juice.Pomegranate has the ability to strength the uterus .It would be even great if you consume it as a fruit.just take it easy for the next two weeks and dont do any strenous activity.Consume
    foods with less spice something like dal which is light on stomach along with lots of yogurt.I was advised all these things.Hope you recover both emotionally and physically very soon.

3. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

Riya... take care, you will just be fine. Its just a bad phase and this too will pass (actually more than half of it is passed and the rest is passing away as you read this). And after this there will be an abundance of love and happiness.

you will be grand and everything is okay :)

2 people like this.
  4. Riya2012

Riya2012 Bronze IL'ite

@All/sitharaj:thanks all for wonderful advise and showing so much of support.
    @Applepie01:I understand the pain dear.Your advise to drink loads of fluids is really important. Going to get pomegranate juice today.
    @soumya:I am already figting sharp pains in utreus and back so m going to drink jeera water..i hope it will soothe pain somehow.

5. Riya2012

Riya2012 Bronze IL'ite

Hello Gals,

I need your help once again. A little update before i begin.

We went for a repeatitive scan , blood/BP/Urine tests to get a confirmation from NHS that everything is cleared for future trials.

Now, I spoke with my Indian doc and she has prescribed me following tests,
    1. Karyotype (for DH and I)
    2. CBC
    3.T3,T4,TSH
    4.Hysteroscopy

I would like to know from ones living in UK,
    1.Could we get each of these done from our local surgeries based on prescription we get from our Indian doc?Can we force them to do that for us?
    2. If not, what are the options to get it privately done in Berkshire/London?Any ideas on good clinics?
    3.I tried asking for quotes from few private clinics but have not received as of now. So, could anyone here give a rough estimate on expenses for the tests mentioned above?

Regards,
    Riya

6. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Hi Riya,

I went through some of my old report from last year and some from this year too. I noticed that I had been offered CBC and T3,T4,TSH by my GP itself. These were done when I went to him after a severely delayed periods. I suffer from Hypothyroid and PCOD. So was offered the same along with tests for blood sugar too.

So I'd say, give it a go with the GP. As for the Karyotype and Hysteroscopy, yes, that might take a little bit of pushing. But if he can't suggest the tests, ask for a reference to a Gynecologist, who can. It need not be a fertility specialty center. This is what I got from friends.

But yes dear, here, it takes some drama to get things done. Last year I was in a rather bad place and mood after I missed my periods twice (both were late by at least 100 days) and ended up crying at the GP. Now it sounds funny, but that is what got me the appointments.

I found some information about this place called BMI healthcare when we were looking for private scan centers in London. Apparently they have branches all over the country. Found one in Berkshire too. They do a decent job with tests and you might want to contact them too for more info about the tests and the respective costs.

Hope this helps dear. God bless and loads of baby dust to you.

7. Riya2012

Riya2012 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the information dear tanoshii.

I too was thinking of going to GP and forcing him for maxium tests. However, no success so far on that front.

Private tests are very very expensive.Got quotation from Spire healthcare as well. If its of help to someone here is the link: Spire Healthcare, UK Private hospital network, 37 Private Hospitals in England, Wales, Scotland

So, i will try to catch GP and persuade him for the tests if i could(God bless). Otherwise i would require to consider other options available. Lets hope for best. Really having tough time to decide, one part of me wants to go natural one more time and other part of me doesnt want to risk 3rd time. Well this has to pass at some point of time.So i am still hanging in :) this cant last forever m sure.

Thanks for telling about Gynecologist.. i just hope they do get me one(quite sure queue is going to be very long.. yet i will give it a try).Lets see how it goes in next week. Getting an appointment with GP is a task in itself. I am already trying for past 3 days. Wanted my DH be there when we ask them... (looks like together , we two confuse people around more efficiently to the point where they agree) :p ;). So working real hard to get DH timing and GP's timing to work.

And last but not least Happy Ugadi(not sure if its celebrated in chennai :p) and Happy Navratri.

Take Care,
    Riya.

8. Riya2012

Riya2012 Bronze IL'ite

Apart from all the medical and dietary precautions. Here are few yoga postures which help heal body after a miscarriage and strengthens it for future pregnancies.

1. Butterfly pose: Gentle Yoga Poses : Yoga Butterfly Pose - YouTube
    2. Seated Forward Bend: Seated Yoga Poses : Yoga Seated Forward Bend - YouTube
    3. Half moon pose : YOGA , Half Moon Pose - YouTube
    4. Bridge Pose: Bridge Pose - Yoga Journal Poses - YouTube

Source of information:4 Yoga Positions for Healing after a Miscarriage | 3FC

PS:1. Please counsult your doctor before trying any yoga poses if you have any medical conditions.
    2. I am not an expert of the subject.However, a firm believer of natural remedies / yoga to fix/maintain health.
    3. Dont over do any yoga pose if it hurts.There may be a altered pose for you(which your yoga guru can tell you)which could still benefit you with the same effects.

1 person likes this.
  9. jogu07

jogu07 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for sharing the info Riya....Yoga indeed refreshes the body as well as the mind...!!! Have practiced yoga, however for some reason had stopped praticing it, will be starting soon...!!!

God Bless and lots of baby dust to you...!!!

10. Riya2012

Riya2012 Bronze IL'ite

You are welcome dear and thanks for the wishes!
    I too m a yoga lover. I have practiced it since I was 16 and can assure anyone who thinks but hesitates in starting.
    Loads of baby dust to you to0 jogu07