Cook needed - Please help

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by selviraj, Oct 8, 2006.

1. selviraj

selviraj New IL'ite

Maid/ maid services

Hai chennai Ladies,

Looking for cooking cum maid service in annanagar ,chennai During my trip to india we just 2 and one kid (5years)
    Can anyone refer/suggest maid or maid service agent

Pls help me out Ladies:confused:

Thanks
    Selvi.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2009

2. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Selvi, please check this

Hello Selvi,
    Probably you want to check this discussion thread which has already members suggestions.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1850

Hope you get a good house maid during your visit to India. Also if you are interested please send me a PM, I can give you a home service agency number published in local paper here.

3. msraje

msraje New IL'ite

Beware of a house maid agencies at Chennai

Hi All

Beware of a maid agency called "Universal maid agency" situated at KKNagar Chennai.

They promise to give maids for the working women. The young girl over there asked for the specifications of the maid and when i told, she asked me she will charge Rs.2000 for the maid, Rs.2000 + Rs.300 for the service charge for a year. I accepted for everything and paid Rs.2000+Rs.300 for a year and she also sent me a maid. This person supposed to be a maid, was so pretty , did all the work whatever i asked to at home and she stayed with us for a week. After that she told, she wishes to go to her brother's house. In a good will i sent her by giving the 9 days salary. Suddenly this person disappeared and never returned home. Once we asked the agency, they said, don't worry we will give one more servant and the agency told that they will give us a call back once they get another maid, and they never called me. Just for 9 days i gave away, Rs. 2000+Rs.300+Rs.250(auto charge for the agency to bring the maid to my house) and Rs600 for the 9 days salary for the maid. :cry:

Now the agency is not at all giving back my Rs.2000 and nor a new servant also.

Now, all my friends are saying, that it is a kind of trick played by these kind of agencies, to plant nice kind of females in houses as maids and revoke them after getting Rs.2000 from every house. I fell as a prey for this.

Working women.....Please try to stand on your own legs, dont trust these agencies and get cheated up. :oops:

-Raji

4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dont fall a prey

Hi,
    It is always better to trust your neighbours and friends and the most your instinct in appointing a maid. Being a working women I think an extra help is always something which is good for both mental and physical wellbeing. So try to get some maid but avoid a full time maid but appoint someone who can come in the morning before leave for work and after you come back.

5. swamy

swamy New IL'ite

Re: Beware of a house maid agencies at Chennai

PL. go to the consumer forum and complain.At least you can give them a good lesson and you can get your money back.
    Anbudan
    Swamy:2thumbsup:

6. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Re: Beware of a house maid agencies at Chennai

hi,
    the same thing happened to my sister also,the agency in mylapore took the amount & didn't send any maid,they asked the maid,she said that agency cheated them. finally my sister lost RS.3000+ also the agency didn't picked up the fone.
    so pls be aware of this agency.

7. preetho

preetho New IL'ite

Genuine Person For Home Needs

Hi Friends,

I am Preethi.

I am married recently and live in chennai.

My mother is all alone in the house.

She is a working woman.

I want someone permanently to take care of her in my absence like cooking for her, washing, cleaning and going out to the market / supermarket.

I want somebody to be available in our house round the clock.

Can anyone suggest me some address/telephone numbers of some service providers who organize genuine people to help my mother.

If anybody knows people who are genuine and interested in staying along with my mother, kindly advise.

It would be of great help to us.

Please treat this as high priority and reply soon.

Awaiting your replies.

Luv

Pree

8. preetho

preetho New IL'ite

Re: Genuine Person For Home Needs

Hi Friends,

Any updates on this?

I am waiting for your responses.

9. sangeethajain

sangeethajain New IL'ite

chennaites can any one throw some ideas on house maids

dear chennaiities,

can any one through some ideas on how to source house maids etc,
    regards,
    mrs sangeethajain

10. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Re: chennaites can any one through some ideas on house maids

hello sangeeta,
    iam sorry iam not giving u any ideas,but some warning,pls be aware of private agencies for housemaid,becoz my parents paid 3,000 rs for that agency,but didn't send any maids for help,my parents r old so they r unable to visit them frequently,they visited the agency for 3 times,but no use,they cheated them,also the maid told our parents,that they'll do like this only,she can't come & help them,becoz co' didn't info her.:evil: