1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Conversation With The Lord Iv

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Thank you for sharing parish priest's daily conversation with the Lord Jesus and his tendency to call a spade a spade. The Son of God teaches invaluable lessons in return the human being doesn't even recognize Him as the Son of God and crucifies Him in a Holy Cross. Again the Son of God's teachings were written up by the human being and interpreted by the human beings in different ways.

I remember reading Irving Wallace's book "Seven Minutes" when I was young and there was an intense debate about vulgarity of what was written in the newspaper claiming defamation for an individual. The defense lawyer in his cross examination gets up and quotes a few sentences and ask whether these sentences are vulgar and the witness responded, "Yes, it is". Then the defense lawyer concluded his argument by saying they were quotes from the Holy Bible.

The son of God also said, "Do unto others, what as you would have them do unto you". That might be the appropriate words to be quoted by the parish priest on this occasion. There is a belief that seeking a pardon after sharing the sin removes the sin with the grace of the Lord and human beings conveniently forget it is intended only for those who repent for the sin committed and take a vow not to do that again.

Don Camillo may be entertaining to read but what should a Head of Church do when he comes to know that a list of Catholic Priests have consistently abused young boys for years? He became a whistle blower and brought all of these priests to the court to face consequences for their sins. These priests had no recollection of the teachings of the Son of God when they indulged in such deplorable sins.

Even in the Hindu and Islamic religion, some who pretend to have understood the teachings do harm to fellow human beings as though they are exempt from such teachings. Avatars come only when the sins committed by a few become unbearable to many beings to establish righteousness. In other times, it is fellow beings who have the courage may have to raise up to the occasion to call a spade a spade demonstrating the presence of God particle in them.

Viswa

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viswa
    I have no deep knowledge about Divinity and I don't understand most of the spoken and written words about it. My God is my conscience and I find it difficult even to relate to it. I have spent a major portion of my life without ever contemplating on the Divine. I guess I am not the Chosen One.
    Sri

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Dear Cheeniya Sir:

Do you want me to believe it? I know you too well. You have a golden heart not to hurt anyone and gave the most invaluable gift to a brother like me. How can you be not the chosen one?

Viswa

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Viswa
    If I have created such a perception about me, I must be a consummate artist!

5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

'conversation with Lord'-quite interesting narration of Viswa for the past three years.This reminds of 'Bagavaan padum Paadu' in Ananda Vikatan in 1950s written by Naadodi.-the torture given by devotees to the Lord.
    We built our small home in in 1971 .Within three months in the early morning at about 6.30 A. M. p dark gentleman with panchakacham and black tilakm tapped at the door.I was just boiling milk. My husband came out and opened the door.The man asked for Rs22.50 an odd amount.On those days it was a big amt for us. The man told my husband that sage Raghavendra appeared in his dreams, and gave the identification of our house -having two coconut trees in the front and facing a Christian. mission.

My husband felt that these details are obvious.There are two young coconut plants. The opposite building was YMCA having a big cross electrified and no Raghavendra need to inform him.He didn't even reveal his doubt. But the man said,"you don't believe what I say. Now take it from me that a son will be born to you in 1973, Karthika month in Poorashada star, as per the blessings of Raghavendra.I shall request Raghavendra to appear in your dream and confirm this :My husband gave some some ten Rupees and said that he did not want any God or Swami to appear in his dream and the man went away.Somehow for fun, he noted that date and star in his diary.
    It was Nov 1973. Delivery time was nearing.Suspected to be C section. The date was fixed as Dec 1st.On 28th Nov my son was born through normal delivery. The month was Karthigai and the star was Pooradam.
    When I was reading the conversation that is purported to have taken place between Viswa and Ganesha i used to wonder if it was real or fantasy.But our experience proved that it could be real as revealed from Raghavendra's sayings in the dream ofan old man. We could not meet the person even once all these 45 years.Was he Raghavendra in the guise of a man/

Jayasala 42

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Dear Smt. Jayasala:

Hahaha. I really enjoyed your response to this post. I assure you my conversation with Lord Ganesha is purely imaginary and intended to create self-learning lessons. It is an exercise reconciling my spiritual mind with the rational mind. I just enjoy sharing my thoughts with friends in IL and it excites me when I get response from someone very knowledgeable such as yourself. Most importantly, I am far away from the Anandmaya Kosha for this conversation to be real.

Having said all that, one other story came to my mind. A devotee of Shirdi Sai Baba always wanted to invite Baba to his home for lunch. Finally, one fine day Baba agreed and his joy knew no bounds. He arranged a very elaborate dinner and waited for Baba who didn't show up. He was very anxious and disappointed at the same time. A dog came to his home looking for food and he shooed the dog away. Later in the evening he went to meet with Baba to ask why Baba didn't show up for lunch and he replied, "I did and you shooed me away".

Most of us are very focused on the names and forms forgetting that divine particle resides in each one of us. Whether it is Raghavendra Swamigal or not, the fact that what he predicted happened indicates the visitor was a divine soul.

Viswa

Thyagarajan and girvani like this.
  7. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Gold IL'ite

Dear Viswa,
    First of all happy Ganesh Chaturthty.
    I had similar darshan of the Lord in my dreams and I asked the same question and He replied exactly as you said:
    "In real terms, no one speaks to each other nor we post our status. Everything is known to everyone and there is no need for communication among the Lords'.

And I said, pardon me but it does not look like that. There is huge communication gaps among the Gods. That's probably you have a messenger whose name is Narada. He is the one roaming all the Lokas and conveying information and at times calculated misinformation.
    The Lord paused for a moment and said "Oh, that Muni!! I taught him a lesson once and he is much subdued since then. Have you heard any new story about him?"
    I said " MyLord, None. But then may be there is censorship up there since then because we hear nothing new now anyway.
    He looked with amusement at me and next moment I was on the floor.
    Happy Ganesha Chaturthy to all. If Doob grass is not available, may be China has already shipped plastic one.

8. Viswamitra

Dear Hariji,

Your imagination is better than mine. Narada appears to be the initiator of all leelas that are meant as lessons for humans. If there is censorship, how do we know so much about Gods? Apparently, someone is doing investigative journalism and publishing them.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Gold IL'ite

Dear Viswa,
    Hahaha. There is complete censorship up there. No breaking news. No reporters allowed. The only spokesperson, Narada is also may be sulking. All what we are being served are the same stories over and over again with little masala here and there. No new Ramayan, No new Mahabharata and just forget about Gita.
    I was told Bible has many versions. So does Ramayana-more than 50. But all of them are old editions. Reprint is allowed without any editing.

10. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dearest Viswa uncle

Very sorry for the delayed response.
    I knew the post was on but was bit busy with other activities. Today after attending the aarathi I thought of reading your post and enjoy every bit of it. Indeed it was written in a way to smile while learning a very important lesson.

The question about of sharing our problems with the one who doesn’t relate is what I used to do. I have reduced a lot about telling my problems to there. I am getting his answer but at times when you talk to someone, the solution come or the perception about the problem clears that will make you feel better. It may necessarily not due to the person who listens. Therefore , I am going to start to talk to Lord Vignesh openly here onwards.
    This year I tried to make poran Poli for the Prasad. I tried to be healthy and made it with atta flour. It became like hard core shell. Still I offered that to HIM and he is still laughing about my culinary skills. The next time I have decided to offer him the ingredients and let himmmake the item itself as per his likings.

Thank you uncle.
    Love
    Vani