1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Conversation With The Lord Iv

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Conversation with the Lord – 2018

As usual I invoked the presence of the Lord through my usual rituals and He appeared in front of me with a smiling face. I said, “My dear Lord, please accept my humble pranams to you on this auspicious day”. The Lord responded, “Behave yourself and be a good man to everyone, rest will be taken care”. I nodded my head affirmatively to demonstrate my obedience to the Divine Lord.

Me: “Can I ask my doubts?”

Lord: “Please go ahead. It is usual ritual between two of us. Besides torturing me, you also torture the ILites by writing about our conversation in IL.”

Me: “Lord, how do you communicate with your family members and others in Kailasam and Vaikundam? Do you have verbal communication or you also have social media like Facebook, Twitter, FaceTime, Instagram, etc. Do you post your status”?

Lord: “I don’t know whether it would make sense to you if I explain how things work in Kailasam and Vaikundam. All our conversations are recorded only for teaching something to the humanity. In real terms, no one speaks to each other nor we post our status. Everything is known to everyone and there is no need for communication among the Lords. We are all close to each other always. I understand humanity is distancing itself with the real-life family members and friends to establish friendship internationally with unknown friends and that too with a brand-new social media ID? Is that correct?”

Me: I blushed a little while thinking how to answer the Lord’s counter question. “Sometimes, it is easier to communicate with unknown friends to share some of our life issues and share the status, Lord”.

Lord: “Please remember what I said in our first meeting. I am always available in every corner of the street and you can either come and talk to me or think about telling all your problem to me. I am everywhere to listen to your problems and eventually, you will find a way to solve it yourselves”.

Me: I wanted to quickly change the topic. “Lord, earlier people use to think for making your statue, they need to order it with the sculptor. Now a days, with just your image, we can three D print your statue. Life is becoming easier to get your statues but only invoking you to appear is still a lot of effort”.

Lord: “You haven’t changed one bit in 4 years and perhaps you were born with your stupidity. I wonder whether you grasp everything I say to you in each meeting. I am just a symbol of your self-confidence and by invoking me, you just wake your own self-confidence. For doing anything in life, you need self-confidence and that is why I am being invoked first. Regarding making my statue through Sculptor or 3-D printing, it makes no difference to me. My existence is to remind you about what you could achieve if you put your mind to anything. Praying to me thinking I was going to fix all your problems without you making any effort is sheer waste of time.

Me: I was wondering what one question I could ask that would have the Lord smile again. “Lord, please help me understand how my mind works and how to liberate my soul from the strangulating influence of my mind?”

Lord: With a smile, he started his answer. “Your ignorance is eliminated when all your doubts are removed. All your doubts arise from your thoughts. Cauldron of thoughts is your Mind. Your mind is filled with a lot of desires and attachments. Desires and attachments are the root cause of pain and suffering. Watch your thoughts distancing yourself from them, attempt to silence your mind from agitation, perform your actions with no expectations, reduce your desires and attachments and accept all that happens, as is. You will liberate your soul. Achieving Paramananda from your inner core called “Self” or “Consciousness” relinquishing the need to have the wrappers (such as body, mind and intellect) of your gift called life is liberation. When all your obstacles are removed and you gain true knowledge, that is Ganesh Chaturthi”.

Me: Scratching my head, “My namaskarams to you, Lord. Thank you for clarifying all my doubts”.

Lord: Getting read to leave said, “Did I? then why your mind is asking what is my Gathi (Destiny)? Please tell your mind Saranagadhi (Surrender) is the best option”.

Me: Thinking what I can hide from the Lord, I closed my eyes and started singing a bhajan.

“You take all the obstacles away, O Lord Gananatha

You give us happiness, You give us auspiciousness

You take all the sorrows away, O Lord Gananatha

There is no emptiness, there is no loneliness"

2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra Sir,

Profound! You have brought out the ultimate truths. Thanks.

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  3. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa Sir- My Namaskarams to you on the occasion of Chathurthi. We did puja yesterday. I remembered that this is your father's annual shraddanjali day and that also reminded me to check for this year's conversational snippet post from you. I could not have asked for more. Quote below is profound indeed as @GeetaKashyap rightly expressed and yet in simple words for a simpleton like me to comprehend. Thank you !

Regards,
    Pavithra. (attaching this year's Ganesha Moorthi that my husband created for our home puja)
    Ganesha 2018.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    Thyagarajan, shravs3, kkrish and 2 others like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Dear Smt.GeetaKashyap:

Thank you for your first and wonderful response. Someone like you saying that means a lot to me. This little conversations with Lord Ganesha, brings a great sense of satisfaction and more of learning exercise for me what I need to do more than educating anyone else.

Viswa

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    Thyagarajan and GeetaKashyap like this.
  5. Viswamitra

My Dear Pavithra,

Let the Lord Ganesha shower His choicest grace to you, your husband and the little one. We finished the Shrardda first at 12:30 p.m as Temple performed Ganesh Pooja and Abhishekam first and returned home to do pooja, naivedhyam and aarathi at 2 p.m.

You are too generous in your appreciation assuming you as a novice and me as an expert. I am far from it. Ganesha's conversation with me would have indicated that clearly. I am learning every day and someday, I will learn the lessons well. My father used to be a great worshiper of Lord Ganesha all his life and eventually died on Ganesh Chathurthi. I took it as his merger with the Lord.

Every life is a gift by the Lord and more we learn out of it, we are getting nearer to the source.

Viswa

6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

I am very happy to read this conversation.
    Makes me feel better that Lord Ganesha will excuse me for a simple neivedhyam today.
    Preparing for His Uncle's huge chakra that has been aimed at my part of the world I totally forgot his special day until yesterday.
    Happens to be a hectic time of the year where my job is concerned; could not take off.
    Thank you for the timely post @Viswamitra

PavithraS and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Thank you for your response and I am glad it made you feel better. Regarding simple neivedhyam, the following came to my mind:

"What is the proper offering to God? It is said, a leaf, a flower, a fruit and water (patram, pushpam, phalam, toyam). What are these? Your body is the leaf; your heart is the flower, your mind is the fruit ,and the tears of bliss is the water. Instead of attaching undue importance to this ephemeral body, emphasize on the Atmatatwa (Atmic principle). The body is also to be surrendered unto God. How? By acts of worship and other sacred deeds."

These are words of my Guru and not my own.

Regarding His uncle's Chakra, please be safe and let me know your safety after the landfall. I had been there last year without power for 5 days.

Take it easy from work especially this week. My prayers are with you and your husband.

With kind regards.

Viswa

PavithraS and kkrish like this.
  8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Wat a lovely conversation :blush:.
    And oh will God punish us if we don’t offer Prasadam ? I just did Normal puja as we are not celebrating festivals this year.
    But in one corner of my mind I was like what will happen if I offer ??

I’m feeling sad since I dint offer anything to Ganesha , but I had nice sweets :neutral:.
    Sorry for not offering naivedyam to Ganesha :(.

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viswa
    This reminds me of Giovanni Guareschi's Don Camillo stories. Don Camillo is a parish priest who sits with the Lord every day to review the day's proceedings:

Don Camillo had been born with a constitutional preference for calling a spade a spade. Upon a certain when there had been a local scandal involving landowners of ripe age and young girls of his parish, he had, in the course of his mass, embarked upon a seemly and suitably generalized address, when he had suddenly become aware of the fact that one of the chief offenders was present among the foremost ranks of his congregation. Flinging all restraint to the four winds and also flinging a hastily snatched cloth over the head of the Crucified Lord above the high altar in order that the divine ears might not be offended, he had set his arms firmly akimbo and had resumed his sermon. And so stentorian had been the voice that issued from the lips of the big man and so uncompromising had been his language that the very roof of the little church had seemed to tremble. When the time of the elections drew near Don Camillo had naturally been explicit in his allusions to the local leftists. Thus came a fine evening when, as he was going home at dusk, an individual muffled in a cloak sprang out of a hedge as he passed by and, taking advantage of the fact that Don Camillo was handicapped by his bicycle and by a large parcel containing seventy eggs attached to its handlebars, belaboured him with a heavy stick and promptly vanished as though the earth had swallowed him. Don Camillo had kept his own counsel. Having arrived at the presbytery and deposited the eggs in safety, he had gone into the church to discuss the matter with the Lord, as was his inevitable habit in moments of perplexity.
    “What should I do?” Don Camillo had inquired.
    “Anoint your back with a little oil beaten up in water and hold your tongue,” the Lord had replied from above the altar. “We must forgive those who offend us. That is the rule.”
    “Very true, Lord,” agreed Don Comillo, “but on this occasion we are discussing blows, not offences.”
    “And what do you mean by that? Surely you are not trying to tell me that injuries done to the body are more painful than those aimed at the spirit?”
    “I see your point, Lord. But You should also bear in mind that in the beating of me, who am Your minister, an injury has been done to Yourself also. I am really more concerned on Your behalf than on my own.”
    “And was I not a greater minister of God than you are? And did I not forgive those who nailed me to the Cross?”
    “There is never any use in arguing with You!” Don Camillo had exclaimed. “You are always in the right. Your will be done. We must forgive. All the same, don't forget that if these ruffians, encouraged by my silence, should crack my skull, the responsibility will lie with You. I could cite several passages from the Old Testament. . . .”
    “Don Camillo, are you proposing to instruct me in the Old Testament? As for this business, I assume full responsibility. Moreover, strictly between Ourselves, the beating has done you no harm. It may teach you let politics alone in my house.”

Nothing has delighted me more, not even Wodehouse, than Giovannis's Don Camillo.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    kkrish, Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. Viswamitra

@shravs3,

No. Please see my answer to @kkrish. All He wishes is to remove our obstacles and provide wisdom to us, if we position ourselves to receive it. By merely thinking of Him with intense love, He would be pleased. In my earlier conversation with the Lord, I have expressed His response to celebration of His birth day. He told, "the day you have the wisdom to liberate your soul and relinquish the need for body, mind and intellect (rebirth), that would be your Ganesh Chathurthi".

Viswa

shravs3, kkrish and PavithraS like this.