1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Conversation With The Lord - Iii

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

I had a serious afflatus to have a conversation with the Lord and hence I said, “Welcome back”! He stared at me as though I have committed a felony and not knowing what was it about, I asked, “What is the matter with you, Lord?” He shot back, “Despite your father being a great worshipper of mine, you haven’t picked up a little bit of knowledge even to know that I am always there before you initiate anything in your life”. I was biting by tongue for irritating the Lord who had so many appointments on that day and sincerely apologized to Him. He smiled and asked, “Did you do all the rituals you need to complete for your father who merged with me on Chathurthi day 30 years back?” Respectfully I said, “Yes Lord, that is why I am late at home to celebrate your presence”.

He gladly accepted our worship with Payasam and Modak. Suddenly, a silly question came to my mind again and I asked, “Eating so many Modaks in a day, won’t it cause sugar trouble?” He replied with sarcasm, “That shows how much faith you have in the Lord”. I had a slap in my hand from my dear spouse and before I could say sorry again, he continued, “First, I am above all the diseases that one could get as human and secondly, most of you keep the Modaks in front of me, sprinkle water on it and conclude that as the end of offering. Where is the opportunity for me to reach out to the Modaks?” Now, it is my turn to smile at the Lord’s response visualizing how the human beings enjoy the Modaks as Prasadam without worrying about the blood sugar levels.

“Do you have any further questions?” He asked looking at my sudden demeanor to keep quiet. “Yes. There are a couple” I answered. When he looked at me with a frown and I reluctantly asked, “You are being such a busy Lord, why did you choose mouse as your vehicle? This issue even came up in a discussion between Cheeniya Sir and Iravati in IL”. This time he wasn’t angry but responded, “My brother chose Peacock as His vehicle so that he could fly all over the world quickly to fight wars for the well-being of Devas. I realized that being the foremost Lord worshiped for complexities in life, I thought it is much more important to choose Mouse capable of penetrating even a small hole to find out what is inside. You must have read what happened when Rishi Narada brought a unique Mango fruit, right?” He asked. I affirmatively nodded my head trying to comprehend the unique choice the Lord had made with His stunning intellect to win the fruit from His parents.

“I need to run and what is your next question?” He asked. “When the whole world is worshiping you and when you need to visit so many people in a day, how do you have time to visit Kamalji who doesn’t even go to your Temple and doesn’t even celebrate Ganesh Chathurthi?” He replied, “He doesn’t worship me but he goes and helps so many people who are worshippers of me. Besides, his dog is chasing the Mouse constantly and when the Mouse cries for help, I need to rush there”. Having brought the cat out of the bag about the secret of the Lord’s visit of Kamalji, I put my questions to rest.

My wife and I prostrated to the Lord seeking His blessings, He used His trunk to bless both of us. Suddenly, I heard a voice, “How long are you going to sleep? Today is your father’s ceremony and Ganesh Chathurthi as well and we have million things to do. Please wake up and go get some banana leaves for me”. My dream came to an end. I realized the Lord is a teacher who takes every teachable opportunity to teach something to me.

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Happy Vinayagar Chathurthi Viswa.
    I enjoyed your conversation with the Lord.
    Very jolly and happy it was.:lol:

Your, "Lord" reminded me of Moses' conversation at the Burning Bush.

Coming to Ganesha, what I learned is "sprinkle water on food amd take it away.. thay will surely keep diabetes at bay".

There is a saying in Tamil about sprinkling water on anybody... it means folks have given up on him/her. Maybe thats what God says how we should treat food too :)

Next time can you ask Him if He enjoyed the "shop coconut took, way pillayaar takk" joke?

Enjoyed your conversation. Looking forward to more. :thumbsup:

3. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

Very true ,Sir ! Hope you paid your respects to your beloved father by completing this year's Shraardhdham and also did Ganesh Puja to your heart's content. Enjoyed your humor and the pearls of wisdom.

Ganesha loves Arugambul (Bermuda Grass) which is famous for its many medicinal properties among which one is curing Diabetes.

Yesterday was watching a standup comedy by Alex on Ganesha's Birth story (I like his performances) and today read your write up. Enjoyed both. Thank you.

4. Viswamitra

Dear Kamala,

Thank you for your first response to this snippet. It is interesting that this conversation reminded you of Moses' conversation at the Burning Bush. Sometimes, we make too many mistakes while conversing with divinity. It is also very interesting to sprinkle water and take the food away in order to avoid sugar. You now reminded me of a Tamil author Javar Sitharaman's book "Minnal, Mazhai, Mohini" (I am not sure whether the title is correct) where a person who could not eat due to diabetes asks a person to come home everyday and eat in front of him. May be you are right and the Lord is asking us to forget the food that is tasty.

I don't know the joke "shop coconut took, way pillayaar takk". If you tell me this joke, I can ask the Lord next time. :)

Viswa

Thyagarajan and kkrish like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Dear Pavithra,

As per the Lord's advice, I first paid respect to my dad and celebrated Ganesh Chathurthi. My dad worshiped Lord Ganesha every day for years and not a day pass without him having dharshan of Ganesha in the Temple. Eventually, he died on Ganesh Chathurthi day also.

It is interesting that Bermuda Grass is a cure for diabetes. The Lord knows that we would be eating a lot of Modak under the pretext of celebration and he has already offered a solution for His devotees.

Alex's standup comedy was hilarious especially, Ganesha is an Amma follower.

Viswa

PavithraS likes this.
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi Viswa,
    It is that a school boy was asked to translate this Tamil statement to English:
    "Kadai thengaayai eduthu vazhi pillayaarukku udaithaan".
    The boy translated it literally
    "shop coconut took, way pillayar takk" -- "takk" is the sound created when we break the coconut. :)

Viswamitra and jskls like this.
  7. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa uncle,

You made my day. Such a funny conversation you have had with Lord Ganesha. I do treasure the days where we collect stones which look like Pillayar and made our own temple. I even found one small stone at Scottish beach which very well resembles HIMSELF and keep here. Thooppukaranam being discussed internationally as a brain stimulating exercise, now HIMSELF has become an international celebrity. Thank you for enlightening us your wisdom through humour uncle.

Warm regards,
    Vani

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

so many valuable things put in a nut shell or may I call it VishwaModhak. Regards.

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

super interpretation. regards.

Viswamitra and kkrish like this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Sir the title minnal mazhai mohini is correct and serialised in weekly magazine Kumudam . thanks for sharing and making us nostalgic.

Viswamitra likes this.