1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Consumption of milk

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by ramie, Feb 15, 2010.

1. ramie

ramie New IL'ite

Hi All,

I drink mlik on an averge of .75 litres ( less than quarter to full) is that good for health?? please let me know becas my collegues are saying that it is not good for health ..

2. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

Your colleagues are right. Milk, contrary to the popular misconception of a healthy food, is pretty far from it. Milk has quite a bit of saturated fat and cholestrol and most human beings are not designed to consume milk or digest milk solids.
    I do use milk to whiten my tea or coffee in very small quantity but I would not consume milk directly thinking its healthy.

And here is another fact for you. Contrary to popular myth, alcohol is actually good for your health if done in moderation. One or two small drinks a day and especially red wine is very good for your health.

So if I were you, I would ditch the milk and start drinking red wine everyday. 1 or 2 glasses of red wine a day is what the doctor ordered LOL (And no, I am not kidding)

3. luckybychance

luckybychance Senior IL'ite

2 cups a day is good. becaus ei take one cup in the morning
    and the other before going to sleep....
    i know its hard to reduce at once
    but try reducing ona regular basis.....

4. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

I probably consume less than one cup of milk a day if I add up all my beverages. What I do like and consume daily without fail is yoghurt. Yoghurt is much better for your health than milk and it is a rich source of calcium and protein and if you eat non fat or low fat yoghurt you eliminate or reduce the fat in milk. I am a big fan of greek yoghurt and I eat atleast 2 cups of non fat greek yoghurt garnished with fresh fruit, slivered almonds and honey and it is an excellent source of protein and calcium. I work out 4 or 5 days a week and a nice serving of greek yoghurt after is just heavenly and so good. When it comes to dairy, yoghurt is my big vice.