Consuming Horsegram after confirming the pregnancy

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rith, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Hello All,

Can anyone please tell me whether I can consume horsegram after pregnancy is confirmed. I feel it is rich in all nutrition. But I was advised by my grand ma not to have it as it generates lot of heat.

Please tell me your views

2. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Well its always advisible not to take any thing that generates heat in the body during pregnancy.That being said i dont always believe in old grandma tales.Some of it is just rediculous.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Jaden. I would better stop consuming that from now on

4. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

I have heard many elders advising ladies not to consume horse gram, til, etc if i they are planning to convenience/already conceived due to excess heat generation.

1 person likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

It is lot of heat!!!!

Pls do not eat that. There r so many other foods with folic and protein.have them.ur doc will give you list of foods to eat during pregnancy.pls follow that.

take care of ur health.

1 person likes this.
  6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Actually anything in moderation is always fine with pregnancy. If some foods are heaty to body, if you wish to consume, supplement with some coolants. That will help.

1 person likes this.
  7. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Thank you all. I have stopped eating that but instead i have started consuming pearl millet and other millets. Trust me. I am not feeling any tiredness

8. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Oops, typo error...I have heard many elders advising ladies not to consume horse gram, til, etc if i they are planning to concieve/already conceived due to excess heat generation

1 person likes this.
  9. CoolPie

CoolPie Silver IL'ite

Its better not to consume food that generates too much heat, but you can consume in moderation after the fouth month. I consumed even ellurandai (sweet made of til with jaggery ) once a month in the eighth and ninth month, since it is very good for health. We all know that it generates heat. Though i consumed one or two only, i drank lots of water to cool my body immediately.

I have heard that women in pregnancy have consumed even pickles. So, anything is excess might cause harm, but not in moderation. Dont miss some healthy foods because it generates heat. Consume more water if you had eaten anything that would generate heat.

1 person likes this.
  10. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

True generic. I am not even allowed to have ginger tea which I usually consume everyday. Irrespective of its medicinal values some things are supposed to be avoided for a certain period of time it seems

1 person likes this.