Constructing house in first floor

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by ADAP, Oct 5, 2015.

1. ADAP

ADAP New IL'ite

Hi,
    My father given some amount(in lakhs) to his own brother 20yrs back. They didn't return the money, now they are telling that they will give place to construct the house in first floor,(they have own house constructed 20yrs back).
    My question is
    1)which is better option to make it to my parents name..through Will or register?
    2)the house in the ground floor is old,is there any problem if we construct one or two floors.
    Please anybody give some suggestions

2. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

it's not good idea.

May be your uncle didn't have money and offered this option when you guys ask for money.

But in legal perceptive you are not doing anything right if you construct the first floor on top of there house.

Save your money for something else than constructing firs t floor on someone's house.

3. ADAP

ADAP New IL'ite

Thanks Priya for your reply. But money given 20yrs back, that time itself they have told that they give place to construct the house. My poor father agreed,he had the fear to invest money outside,so he blindly trust his brother and they construced the house with the help of my father's money. Now we have no option..20yrs back given 2lakhs, and 8yrs back 8lakhs without interest and don't have any proof.
    Please somebody suggest what to do.