1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Constipation Issues For 1.5 Yr Ds

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Rajisivaraj, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Rajisivaraj

Rajisivaraj Bronze IL'ite

Any brands specifically dear???

2. boldnbutiful

boldnbutiful Silver IL'ite

Have no idea ,I stay in Australia so brands might differ..ur local grocer should have all those

Rajisivaraj likes this.
  3. Rajisivaraj

Oh.. Thanks dear for the info

4. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

If you think, the issue is severe consult a doctor. They may suggest medicines or options for this istuation.
    I used to boil raisins and take the extract and give that every morning ( one or two spoons) to my son when he had severe issue around 6-8 months.
    Even if there is no issue , this juice helps BM. I also heard that prune juice helps, It will be available in grocery stores or google. But I never tried that. Try to give him more fiber rich food, fruits, water/juice etc.. It may help. Try to find any specific food is initiating this problem.

My kid faced severe constipation when we started giving solid foods. That time doctor suggested to use Vaseline on baby thermometer tip and insert it on anus and massage slowly (round & round) after making him lie down (face up) and pushing both legs forward to tummy (of course covering with with diaper :)). I was hesitant to do it. But I tried when I noticed the tough situation my baby faced. This helped to induce BM and smooths the region. I used to do it if its delayed for one day. That was a big relief for my baby who used to cry for it. I dont know if this method is useful for 1.5 y kid. Just mentioned, may be it is of some use..
    I feel that you should not change his eating habits (solid foods not liquids) much and try to find what cause it (even banana cause constipation in some kids. You moved to US , the food may not be the same as that in India) and then try more options.

Rajisivaraj likes this.
  5. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    You can give yellow pumpkin,beans,beetroot,brinjal(remove the skin and seeds after cooking) steamed and mix with rice,ghee and lentil..give this as a meal...you can use lentils like moong dal,masoor dal and toor dal..

Rajisivaraj likes this.
  6. Rajisivaraj

Thanks dear.. I will do..

7. Rajisivaraj

Hi ddream

So true.. Giving banana dint help him. But made it worst.. Im giving raisins from sday.. Din find immediate result still.. But continuing to give..

Iam gonna try prune juice.. Im giving him babyspinach for past two days.. And add carrots to his meals..

I think he is not drinking much water.. Because when i give water in tumbler he is playing spitting out..

8. PriyaShri

PriyaShri New IL'ite

Hi ... u can also try this. soak ajwain nd two garlic pieces in warm water for 10-15 min. then grind it along with beetal leaves.. extract it's juice nd give it to ur LO. it really works. it cleans the stomach. i give it for my LO.. he s also 18mo old.

Rajisivaraj likes this.
  9. PriyaShri

PriyaShri New IL'ite

prune juice we can prepare at home. i get California prunes. It is available in Walmart too

10. JayaGomathi

JayaGomathi New IL'ite

Try giving banana before going to bed. Avoid too much of bread, bsicuits in his diet

Rajisivaraj likes this.