1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Constipation 6 Month Old

Discussion in 'Infants' started by memeera1234, Sep 26, 2018.

1. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Hey All,

Need inputs regarding what home remedies can be tried for constipation problem of 6 month old baby. I have started her on Ragi porridge once a day in morning and banana porridge/ navadhanya porridge in the evening. Rest of the day I breastfeed her. Ever since I started feeding her twice, she is pooping only once in 4-5 days that too after I exercise her legs ( bicycle exercise). Earlier when I was feeding her only banana powder once in a day with rest of the day on breast milk, she was pooping almost daily. When she was exclusively breastfed she was pooping everyday atleast 3-4 times. But now she is highly constipated

Also please let know when cereals ( rice ) can be started

Thanks

2. VandhenaKrish

VandhenaKrish Silver IL'ite

Hi OP, multigrains sometimes cause constipation .. before u try multi grain u should have tested each one of it to check if it's ok for the baby .. since u have started giving, now kindly give lot of fibre rich foods to the baby .. u can give veg stock water n boil few raisins n filter n give two to three spoons of it .. Definitely raisins would help ..

3. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

Just take 4-5 grapes (fresh) and squeeze juice from them. You may get one tablespoon of juice. Feed her this juice. With my daughter it used to work like strong laxative.

4. chitra_lekha

chitra_lekha Bronze IL'ite

Rice porridge should always be started first for 6 month babies. Next comes wheat. Ragi and multigrain foods are advisable for very active toddlers. Not infants.

5. Rejithaswathi

Rejithaswathi New IL'ite

Hi
    hi
    Banana powder can cause comstipation... u can add one teaspoon of coconut oil to your ragi porridge... it acts as a natural laxative... whenever u are feeding her food add one teaspoon oil to it... add coconut milk to the porridge... it will make the porridge tasty and also help control constipation... another important thing is after you feed her solid food male sure to give her boiled and cooled water usimg a cup and spoon
    Regards
    Rejitha

6. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Ragi when not cooked well will cause constipation. So it's always best to soak ragi, sprout it, dry it, grind and cook well. Then it won't constipate. Also you can give orange juice, just filter the seeds, give it along with that fibre. Soak kismiss over night and give that water in the morning. You can also apply castor oil in the baby's tummy once in 2 weeks. Best wishes.

7. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Prunes and apples will help.

8. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Hello meemeera,

Soak dry grapes in water over night and blend it the next day,extract the juice nad feed the baby..

Boil apple and make a paste and feed the baby.

Try giving rice water and dal paani....also include more of fibres In baby diet..