1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Confused Please Help

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sapna56, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

i am getting a good offer but it needs relocation to another state in USA. I have a kid who is 18 months. My husband is supporting my decision incase I relocate. He says that you go ahead relocate. He is also finding job in good company there. So after one or two months he will come with my kid and that's how we will settle in new city.
    Till then we are planning to hire a nanny and my kid will be with DH. Now my only concern is my kid. I can't stay away nor can my kid stay away from me. I know eventually we are going to be together. I don't want my kid to suffer coz of this. I have a gap of two years in my career after pregnancy. So it has become but challenging for me to get a job.
    Incase I plan to reject that offer and search for job here itself where we are staying it's little uncertain about how or whether will get job.
    Relocation would be little difficult with kid. I have full support from my husband. But I am still in dilemma.
    Also one of the major contributing factor in relocation is my sil. SIL stays with us and has created many problems in our married life. SIL is not ready to stay away from us nor are my in laws ready to make her stay away from us. And so the only way out for we both is to relocate as of now.
    Incase I don't relocate I have to convince my DH to make SIL live separately. DH wants her to stay with us atleast 3 months.
    Please help.

2. GeethaMadhuri86

GeethaMadhuri86 Senior IL'ite

Staying there might be a problem but its not current issue. You have a baby and wants to save amount thats the main reason you guys are planning for job. Sis is just another reason. What would you do if she looks for job there in new city. WIll you again change the location.Nahh..So its you who wants money for growing children. If you sacrifices 2 months everything comes normal .So then y not. In this market i dont hope u get a job soon at same place.So better shift and get peace.Come twice ina month or ask ur hubby 2 come 2 new place. so that u can see the kid.Problem solved

3. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

I think you should take the offer as you have gap. If possible search near by daycare also once you settle in office and keep baby with you, if it takes more time than expected for your h relocate to your place

MalStrom likes this.
  4. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

How sure are u that ur H will join u in one or two months? Did he get an offer already? If there are strong chances for him, then delay ur joining date by 2 weeks to minimize the gap. What will be ur plan of action for SIL? Will she continue in same house or will shift to somewhere else?

madras2018 likes this.
  5. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Pls dont leave your 18 month baby with a nanny as your primary caretaker while you work in a difft state and your hubsnd is away at work for 8 hrs a day.This setup may be more appropriate if your husband is willing to work from home.

In this day and age of news stories reporting ghastly things happening to babies while in the full time care of nannies, i shudder to think of leaving a wee baby alone like that with a stranger.

Licensed day care is a different thing & a better option But tbh parents are better of being in driving distance or being able to see the baby every 4-5 hrs.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Take the kid and a reliable nanny with you if possible. If not, take the kid before you join the new work place, and find a good nanny in the new place and let both of them have some good time at your supervision before you actually leave them together for work.

Or look for good day care centers for young babies like yours in the city where you are gonna be appointed.
    Try the kid in the day care for few days well before you join the work place. So that you can see how much he is getting adopted there.
    You can help him slowly to adopt to the day care, before you dump him there full time.

This way, you can at least be with the kid after office hrs. Since it is gonna be just you and the kid (and possibly the nanny), you wouldn't be find it difficult to manage.
    You may relax your cooking style and chores as per your own timing.
    Also, it is not permanent. So, until your H reunites you all, you could manage this way.

Find an annex or an apartment where you could find people who could somewhat relate to you. Eg: Indian or Asian community.
    And start mingling with them. It helps whenever you need an helping hand during emergencies.

Forget about SIL for now. Your permanent shifting will end her stay with you all. The moment your H moved to your city, his sister will find an accommodation and remain there. Don't complicate your mood with her thoughts for now.

sindmani and SRK123 like this.
  7. Azina

Azina New IL'ite

Hi sapna, yes its a big decision and i can understand why it is so hard for you to choose what to do. Moving to another city makes sense. It will more or less reduce your problems to half! If i were you I would go ahead and take up the new job in the other city. Kids especially as small as 18months old dont have any concept of days gone by and he will adapt well when you are gone. And when he sees you after 3 months..you guys will pick up exactly where you left off. you are so lucky that your husband is being supportive of your decision.
    My only concern is his job? will he be able to find a suitable job in the same city? If that is not a concern - you should just go ahead - blindfolded! You child will be just fine. and it is just the question of 60 days! they will fly by.

8. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

Yes he would be able to find job there. He already has an offer there before which he rejected. He is gona talk with them. He is sure that they will take. Also he is giving another interview there. Otherwise he can ask for transfer within same company. He has these options.

9. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

I don't have that much time left. I have to join in 3 weeks. So I have to go step by step. First me then baby then husband. Or baby n husband together.

10. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for your replies. They are very helpful.