1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Confused and torn husband

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by dk69488, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

finally good things seem to follow you! keep well, all the best.. :)

2. MrsBV

MrsBV Gold IL'ite

DK, give your daughter some time but continue to make her believe that your love for her has not changed.. also i think the best thing you have done here is to ensure that you have not bad mouthed their mother.. with time your kids will accept the change.. also make sure you talk to your younger daughter too (I am sure you are already doing it) but for her there is a bigger change because there is a change in the attitude of her elder sis.. she needs to know that you are there for her and maybe its a good idea for you to have a conversation with both of them together. Your kids will be fine.. they have an excellent father and i am sure they know it.. all the best for your future!

3. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Laks has posted some practical advice for dealing with kids. Wow! Must admit she is too good at viewing issues with non-theoretical approach.

I can only annex to what every has written -

• Every day your reveille should be - 'Today is another day to push higher in life'

• Stay away , run , evade people who show pity foisted as solicitude. Last thing you need, be in the company of people , feisty ones who will uplift you, because one of the days you plunk - 'Damn! nothing is working'. They are the ones who will josh - 'Cmon we can do it'

• Hereafter, company ..company the people you are with are the most important, they either break you or make you to the top. I am not a big advocate of winning battles alone, you have no clue what a touching gesture, a great idea or a surprise Simnel cake for Christmas at doorstep can do.

Above anything - remember , you will just be fine (read that as more than fine).

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
    2 people like this.
  4. dk69488

dk69488 Bronze IL'ite

It's been exactly one year since I discovered the repeated infidelity of my ex-wife. I was in acute pain this time last year. Suffering through the emotional roller-coaster till after my divorce was no fun either. But, I wanted to let you all know that I am doing well. My kids are doing well and so is my ex. We are all in a happier place.

I have begun dating again, even though I am convinced at the moment that I will never remarry. I am looking forward to running the Paris Marathon. Started taking latin dance lessons (ironical). I am cooking some delicious recipes for my kids. I am not the most disciplined guy when it comes to taking care of the house, but hey!!…I am cutting me some slack :)

Hosting some stag parties at my place while I regale my friends with songs and guitar. I am so busy that I have no time to brood - I have gone through the grief and I have no time left for that. It's all good right now.

You all are the best!!…Have a great Christmas and New Years!!

5 people like this.
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow DK! I envy you, Paris marathon? I'm not able to travel to disney :drowning Guess I'll have to do my first locally!
    I'm glad you and your kids and your ex are all doing good. Btw, we have a running club that's lacking charm in the fitness forum. Please drop in sometime. I'm having a hard time staying motivated myself!