1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Confused and torn husband

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by dk69488, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

dk69488,

I think you should ask this question to your wife "Ask her should the girl be informed about their future plan"

2. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

I did not understand the meaning of this statement for a long time "A known devil is better than the unknown angel' now i do :)

1 person likes this.
  3. KP55

KP55 Gold IL'ite

I think you should expose it to her. Who knows, it could make their relationship stronger or worse break it off. Don't do it to seek revenge, but do it because its the right thing to do for "HER" and for your own sake. If you don't do it, perhaps down the line you will hate yourself for not doing it earlier if you see him happily married for years.

You are helping her understand what type of person she is getting involved with. If she starts blaming your 'wife' for luring him or whatever; then thats on them. You just walk away. Send an e-mail and be done with it with some concrete facts. Dont get involved in he-say/she say crap. Once you do this a weight will be lifted off your shoulders as well.

Like they say "you reap what you sow" and this is what they reaped.

And please STOP CRYING, especially in front of her. Makes you look weak. She probably hasn't shed a tear unless if she is cutting an onion.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. KP55

KP55 Gold IL'ite

I know this is tough DK, especially at this time of year. Trust me Dec 2014 you will be a totally different man. :) Look forward to a new year and the new you. Make a list of things you want to do for yourself. Something that you may have put on the backburner for a while. Be the best father to your kids and travel somewhere if you can get the time.

1 person likes this.
  5. varah

varah Silver IL'ite

Dk - Even if you try to save the "scumbag lover boy's Girl friend" now, the situation could turn up that he may marry your "ex-wife" later. This is how most extra marital affairs end up. He has got two choices now.

One more thing, your ex-wife herself wouldn't be happy if he is getting happily married with his GF when her life was ruined somehow because of his (in)active role. There is a chance that she will fulfill YOUR role in letting know his GF and screw their relationship.

So, save your energy. Let them "GO TO HELL".

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. dk69488

dk69488 Bronze IL'ite

I know, I know.

Ansuya would probably slap my wrist for having done this!...but I did it. I wrote a NASTY-A$$ email lashing out at the Guy my wife had an affair with. I mean, he would have been humiliated to tears to read it. Squirming with pain...that's right he got suckerpunched just before his marriage!!

And then I copied my STBX and the Guy's fiance on it!!

Ansuya - I am sorry for not following your advice

But seriously, I do not give a flying $#*k about this guy. I hurt him and I feel good now that it is out of my system.

Update - My wife and I are working out the details of the split in "more or less" cordial fashion

- Later

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    4 people like this.
  7. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Internet slang: Soon To Be eX.

8. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

IMO, You did the right thing.

9. KP55

KP55 Gold IL'ite

AMAZING!!! Take it from a guy's perspective, you did the right thing. They would not even dare to reply or interfere in your life. If they do, do not entertain them by replying or justifying what you did. You did because that's what your heart/gut told you to do. Don't feel ashamed. You have nothing to lose now, they are the ones who put you in this position. You had given her an opportunity to change, but she didn't and here you are.

I'm happy for you dk. Now just work on yourself and be the best father to your kids. And take a nice vacation after this, even if it is just for a looong weekend. It will do you good.

3 people like this.
  10. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I would have done the exact same thing. Even if the girl doesn't dump him she is going into the marriage with the information. If I were her, I would appreciate you for letting me know.

2 people like this.