1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Confession of a Be(e)aring..!!!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by haagesummane, Jan 4, 2012.

1. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

It was almost 6am by the time Ritesh reached home from his friend's Bachelor's party. Since Marriage he hardly been with friends for any kind of party and the reasons like added responsibility in a marital life,work load very well supported the cause.Everyone was happy to see Ritesh in the party and started cracking jokes and sharing different views. Old habits hardly die especially the corporate way of telling the office jokes. Many of them noticed a considerable changes in him like the absence of immatured and kiddish talk which was replaced by few good matured words,the belly which has almost become flat. They questioned him like a lawyer on the methodologies adapted by him for it. He was smiling by looking at their bellies which they were carrying like a pregnant woman from the past many years..!! One question which quickly striked his mind is that what species are these guys going to give birth? Even elephant has the gestation period of maximum 2 years. But these guys have crossed the limits.:rotfl Ritesh was quick enough to recollect that it is the opposite gender's characteristics.Coming back to their questions, he explained about his routine exercise and strict diet control.:thumbsup

The party had great variety of food including the soft and hard drinks.Ritesh was forced to join the drink even after he denied n number of times. The general saying of sharaab peena shareer ke liye haanikarak hai(drinking alcohol is injurious to health) did not worked to save him. Instead they said that it is true for those who u drink everyday,unlike who drink one or two pegs once in 6 months. One of them even came forward with an explaination that in western countries, doctor advise the patients to have beer in a limited fashion. However,doctors in india cant do that as people will take that doctor's word as a prescription to drink more. :coffee Ritesh too agreed to their words and had only 2 glasses of beer. He wanted to be in control and do all the sharaabi scenes from different set of bollywood movies.The party witnessed the funny dances from the guys who had a full neck drink. The touch sensitivity of so accurate that they used to fall down with just one touch. Mobile companies,please learn from them.The vibration mode of Ritesh's stomach made him to have the food which was enough to satisfy his taste buds.After the dinner, the discussion went on like a storming session of a parliament.

Ritesh looked at his watched and it was 4 am. He made a quick leave by informing everyone there as he need to drive back to home. His eyes
    were tired and eyelids were in no mood to get separated from each other.He somehow carefully reached home in his car.Before ringing the bell, he made sure there is unwanted smell of alcohol spreading from him. But it was hard for him to detect as he himself had few pegs. He ranged the bell by calling his wife's name. "Suma,open the door." After 3-4 times of ringing the bell, she opened the door with left hand rubbing her eyes. A bad odour of alcohol greeted here, but was in a sleepy mode to react to it.She did not spoke a word. Ritesh thought that she was still not completely awake. Being a saturday morning,both of them were least bothered of getting up at normal time. Ritesh however was tired enough to to perform any of the morning ritual.
    It was almost past mid day when Ritesh wokeup. He headed straight towards to bathroom and came back to take rest of sofa while glancing at newspaper. He asked for a coffee which suma prepared and kept it on the table without speaking a word. Ritesh was not aware of what storm is building in her mind. There was so silent on the dining table during luch that every sound of chewing the food was like a dolby digital effect. The time passed like a unsatisfied spectator without any major incidents.He searched for suma all over the house and was finally able to find her in bedroom.He sat infront of her and said "Suma, I want to talk to you about something.Not sure on how and where to start. I hope after you hear it, you wont feel bad." There was a stunning silence from her end.He continued " I thought of telling you before our marriage, but did not had enough courage at that time and moreover I dont want to loose such a pretty woman like you just becos of
    some thing foolishness from my end." She finally separated her lips apart to speak. "What is that..??"

Ritesh started with a bit a relief."When my parents were searching a bride for me, none of the horoscopes were able to match and come to that acceptable gunas of at least 18 out of 36. Some pandits said that i had some doshas due to which my marriage is a difficult. My parents and myself were tired enough of matching the matchless horoscope. At one point of time, I felt like go and propose any girl and then quickly marry in a temple. But the care for parent's feelings and the respect they have gained over their lifetime stopped me.One night i went along with my friends and had beer,rum anything that was available and was out of conciousness for the next whole day. I realized afterwards that this activity is repentless.Afterwards,when we came to saw you, I immediately fell in love with just by seeing that beautiful face. Believe me, till now i have never seen such an aesthetic beauty. I asked my mom silently not to tell them about the dosha which i have.We went back to our home and convinced my parents to proceed with this relation. They reluctantly agreed and thats how the
    marriage took place. I thought of confessing about the dosha and my drinking habit.But i could not. I now hardly drink. It may be an ocassional but not a regular.Moreover I limit myself strictly to beer, the official drink in most of the countries.I am sorry for not telling you this earlier. If possible forgive me. One thing is that i hate this smoking,chewing tobacco and non-veg food. I never had these in the past and will never in future. This promise I can make from my end."

Suma was neither sad nor happy.:bonk An expressionless face scared Ritesh. He went outside and sat in the gallery. All his face muscles were relaxed after that confession.That evening quickly got transformed to a moonless night(Amaavasya).Next day being Sunday too passed with little or no conversation between the husband and wife. It was a quick evening and ritesh as usual was studying some sport magazine. Suma came to him and said that she wanted to talk to him. He gingerly pulled another chair to offer suma a seat. She started saying that " I felt very bad when i came to know that you consumed alcohol and came in the morning. I identified it by the odour." Ritesh paused her and said " But i had only 2 glass of beer. While I was having it, one of my colleague spilled the rum on my shirt. I tried removing it by water, but failed".Suma Silently stopped him. " I trust you,Also the whole sunday i did a research on these alcohols.I searched in logs,forums and websites and all of them claimed that ocassionally having drinks like beer is infact good for health, but that cant be an excuse for over consumption."Ritesh felt a bit happy about the generic info that his wife had about these kind of liquids.She continued "Along with that I even witnessed the drink and harrass,drink and drive fatal cases.I feel very much unsecured about these kind of incidents.I can understand the tendency to drink when friends get together. But we should put a break on ourself from over consumption. I am happy about your promise towards smoking ,tobacco and non veg. Also promise that whenever you drink, u inform me first so that i can keep a track of your excess calories.Remember beer always adds the extra calories and I dont want you to look like a pregnant woman one fine morning..!!. However I came across a red wine which seems like a sophisticated drink. Most of the french women are able to maintain their curves because of regular intake of red wine.After all these random research, I felt an urge to have the red wine.So this weekend shall we celebrate a dinner with it in home..???"

Ritesh was stunned like hell.He could not believe his eyes and ears for a moment. He pinched himself to confirm his presence in real world. "Are u gone crazy ? Are u nuts ?" yelled Ritesh. Suma smilingly replied "Yes becos I married you. By the way dont worry about the dosha. It will never do us any harm as long as we trust each other...!!". It was like a first spring season to Ritesh. He jumped in over joy and behaved as if he is a seasoned mad person.:spin He said "Definetely Dear, I will buy a drink for you this weekend and everyday from now on wards." Suma immediately replied "Not everyday. Remember the limits". to which he smiled wisely. It was a more of a celebration to him, not because his wife approved him for a drink, but the way she handled it intelligently with proper knowledge and facts.:bowdown He felt very proud about his wife and made up his mind to keep her happy always.....!!!!

3 people like this.

2. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

Nice one HS. You have brought out the interaction between characters and build up of the relationship (husband and wife) very well.

Enjoyed reading it. Happy New Year!

3. lali31

lali31 Senior IL'ite

Nice :) Good narration:thumbsup

4. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

Thank u lali31 and aspire for ur quick review and encouragement...!!!

5. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

haagesummane,
    that was a cute little story..

6. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

thank u sushma ji...

7. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

HS... this was very cute love story...
    what I was expecting the end is ...in the end wife accepts the fact and offers the wine dine.
    Husband is in state of shock; to cover his lies & his habits he comes up with a story and that turned out to be villain for him.

good one

1 person likes this.
  8. deepa10

deepa10 Gold IL'ite

Ha ha.. it was a sweet story..!! :)

9. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

Thank u renu ji and deepa ji..!!

10. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Nice cute love story.....

Shanti