Concerns reg: usage of over the counter medications, travel, relatives etc during TTC

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by generic, Aug 18, 2015.

1. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

I m a little confused about a few things during TTC,

1. In case of cold, cough, dust allergy etc Is it ok to take over the counter medications like crocin, antibiotics, asthalin, salbutamol, dust allergy medications, cold medications, stomach upset medications, headache medications like saridon etc during TTC time?

2. Also, There may be some amount of travelling for me for personal reason- cousin's engagement and cousin's wedding, uncle's grihapravesh , in-laws side grihapravesh etc within India only but other cities..either by flight or train or bus (travel dates and bookings yet to be decided)..Train/bus journey would take 10 hrs atleast..flight would no doubt be comfortable ..but my cousin's home is in 3rd/4th floor and would involve climbing staircases quite often, there is no lift...I may have to run around here and there as they would expect me to help with marriage ceremony preparations...

Im confused about the impact of travel during TTC? and climbing stairs? Is it ok and will it affect chance of concieving in 2 weeks wait?

3. Many well wishers told me not to eat outside food, ready to eat food etc during TTC phase, i wonder why.

4. Many of the travel dates are during the the 2 weeks wait duration next couple of months.. im confused what to do, should I travel or not.. ? I'll not have any confirmation of any pregnancy tht time but what excuse i'll make to not go?...I do not want to tell anyone during this TTC thing because ive faced so many difficulties in personal, health, professional problem, inlaws issues etc thats why cudnt proceed...

5. Wherever I go everyone asks me if i got any good news and why i have not yet had kids after such long time after getting married.. It embarrasses me..I'm feeling so tensed and anxious and worried always:(

Many of u ladies would have faced similar concerns during TTC, please share .

2. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Re: Concerns reg: usage of over the counter medications, travel, relatives etc during

so many views and no replies ?:(

3. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Re: Concerns reg: usage of over the counter medications, travel, relatives etc during

1) No.No . Don't take medicines over the counter without any prescription. This is applicable for all but when it comes to TTC or during pregnancy it is strict NO NO. Your doctor would advise you well in this regard

2) Travel and Climbing Staircase affects TTC. Mental stress and Physical stress has a big impact in not getting conceived. Hence plan accordingly.

3) Regarding eating outside look out for Quality restaurants and be conscious in taking healthy food. The chemicals or the artificial colors in the food are to be looked upon vigilantlynotdonesmiley

4) Think about various reasons and limit your travel, according to your suitability. If you feel ppl will bother you with silly questions, avoid seeing else ignore their comments. Keep yourself at peace. Your mindset matters for TTC.

5) Relax dear. Lots are in the same boat. Keep yourself happy and peaceful. Things will be on your way. God will surely bless with a bundle of joy. hugsmiley

1 person likes this.
  4. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Dear @Generic

i can understand your situation and during TTC phase each one share their own experiences with different no's... But I would say if you don't have any health issues and have just delayed pregnancy for your own personal reasons then don't bother about anything and just do things without any doubts ...

I have read few success stories were people say that they conceived when they were in travel and even did water games ... So if God as to bless us no matter what He will push the little bean in to our womb some how ...

First stay positive and throw off all your doubts ... If possible reduce the climbing and help them with household works ... Reduce / avoid lifting heavy weight .. Give an excuse that you have some pain in your hip and show some acting at times to make them trust you :)

The cycle I conceived I walked 1 km daily during 2ww and after my IUI I came home by walk (15 mins walk from hospital ) where rest of the cycles I took taxi ... Ate outside food and I did not restricted myself but took everything in limit ...

Positive mind and trusting the almighty and your body is most required in TTC phase

Good luck dear

2 people like this.
  5. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Thanks sangeethakripa and luckwaves for ur inputs...

Requesting other ILites also to share their views as I'm not so knowledgeable in TTC related stuff n trying to read up these things online..