1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

concentrated milk

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by harinideep, Apr 24, 2015.

1. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

Hi ,
    I was searching for formula milk cost in walmart site. I found that there is concentrated milk which costs 5$ . Has anyone tried it.
    Can we give it instead of powdered milk for 1 yr baby

2. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

You should not substitute concentrated milk for formula. They are different. Once you come here, you can get a membership in Costco or Sam's and buy formula in bulk. YOu can get Similac or Enfamil.
    Since your child is 1 year old, you can also consider introducing organic cow milk found in grocery stores.

3. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

@harinideep I have never heard concentrated milk for babies. this is the first time. Are you sure its not evaporated milk or condensed milk. Anyways I am not sure I have seen formula that cheap for babies so if I were you I would never use it. You can definitely buy organic whole milk and introduce it as he is already one .

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@hairinideep, yes there are two types of formula cans that are available in Canada. One is the regular kind where you dont mix any water in it (premade, ready to consume formula). the second is the concentrated kind where you mix water in it. The proportion to concentrated milk and water is given on the tin itself.

5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Chitra...the can is slightly smaller than a regular coke can. generally they sell the whole carton together and individual can may come between $5 and $10 depending on the brand. From what I know this can ca be used twice to be diluted with water. It looks something like this for Enfamil: http://www.amazon.com/Enfamil-Premium-Concentrated-Formula-13-Ounce/dp/B0026RHUOO

My SIL used it.