Conceiving The Natural Way..tips And Suggestions

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Windchime, May 24, 2016.

1. Windchime

Windchime New IL'ite

Hi,

I am new to IL and read so many posts which motivated me to post this thread to get some inputs from all you lovely ladies out there.

I am 34 married for 3 and a half years now with no kids. I always wanted to go for a natural way for conception. Tried few treatments though. But plz help me figure out if there are any chances of natural conception (I am fine even if it is the ayurveda way) at this age. Had few issues with my health in the past. Which have been rectified now. H is also fine health wise.

2. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

If your BMI is correct and periods are on track,try a ovulation kit for a few weeks to see when you ovulate.Maybe that should help with conception.

pinkydarling likes this.
  3. Windchime

Windchime New IL'ite

JGVR, thanks for the quick response. Yes am working on the BMI part, periods are regular. But is it true that conceiving naturally is difficult at this age and there is no other option but IUI IVF or ICSI..that is what the doc said when I was under treatment..for thin endometrium..shrunken ovaries which were due to my sedentary lifestyle (long hours of sitting at work place) and poor nutrition. I was working then..but now 1 year after I left my job I feel much better. Last month scan revealed good ovarian health and ovulation but on day 15 ET was 7.6 mm... Doctor suggests ideal thickness to be 8mm..

4. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Hi @Windchime

with our increasing age we loose follicles that rupture to release egg every month. Thats why in early age conception is easy compared to late age. Though there are many exceptions. If somebody has fertility issues it can be in early 20s also. I have seen people struggling in their 20s and others concieving naturally at 35 plus. You may concieve naturally but it may take its own course of time or it may be quickly also. If you go for IUI or IVF, it can speed up the things. Since you are already 34 and married for 3 years, you would not want to wait more. I myself tried Ayurveda, because i also wanted to concieve naturally, unfortunately it dint click for me. But you can give it a try.
    I would suggest , give a deadline to yourself for trying naturally.
    ET plays a very important role in implantation. It should be more than 8mm as you doctor told. May be you can try some ayurveda or homeopathy for some time to give a chance.
    But at the end of the day its all matter of cance only.

5. Windchime

Windchime New IL'ite

Thank u msms, truely said its all matter of chance and luck though. Sometimes when everything is in place conception does not occur, strange but true. I am scared that IUI n IVF might give me life long tauntings rather than happiness..so with inputs from here on natural conception I would gain confidence and go ahead with it.

6. vanipriya

vanipriya New IL'ite

Hi

I have a question here, it is irrelevant to this post but i am just asking here.

When we have intercourse doctor was asking me that the penis should hit the end that she pointed out when she inserted her finger during vaginal test and we should feel penis hit the end of vagina. like that she told.

but i never felt it had hit something at the end? one more point was my DH was not circumcised and have a skin which will not pull over.

Is that a problem for TTC? to get conceived? also do every own have a hit or i am the one who never feels it.

sorry to be open, but i need to get this clarified :( i am TTC for 2years with no luck.

7. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

Hello !

U said ur 34yrs old and married since 3.5 years. How long have u been ttc ? If it's more than 6 months without any contraception and regular intercourse, it's time u meet a gynaecologist and get the baseline tests done.
    As we cross 30 , the quality of our eggs start going down slightly , more after 35yrs and that's why it takes longer to conceive after the age of 30yrs.
    U mentioned about the ET, 7.6 mm is sort of ok but for a healthy implantation doctors usually prefer an ET above 8.5 mm.
    We should find out the cause of thin ET.
    And it's not necessary that all women in ur age will need IVF/IUI. But god forbid even if u would need it , isn't it better u know it soon and get it done sooner, because the success of IVF is also dependent on ur age and ur egg quality.
    If ur overweight , please try to get ur BMI undercheck.

All the best !!
    Stickiest baby dust to u !

8. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

Dont hijack somebody's thread. its not a good practice. If you want your queries answered,please post as a separate thread.

9. Windchime

Windchime New IL'ite

@Agony

Thank u so much...much needed wishes. Being here on IL and reading most of the posts am understanding how strong a women should be with all the miseries around. And yes a word of goodwill means a lot..

Agony likes this.
  10. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

You keep a track of your menstrual dates. If they are coming on the right time, you need to have intercourse exactly after 7-10 days on a daily basis. Any time around this time ovulation will take place and the egg would be released. After you complete your menstrual cycle of 4 days keep a track of your cervical mucous. when you see it has started getting moist you can try from that day onwards till the cervical mucus dries up for your next cycle. This will help the semen to hit the target and conceive naturally. Dont wait for cervical mucus to get egg white consistency, start early before that