1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Communication

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by periamma, Dec 9, 2017.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Jeeves Thanks dear

2. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear periamma,

Technology has shortened the geographical distances between people, but inter personal relations has come to a nadir. I grew up amidst a neighborhood where neighbours would gather together at our place, post dinner and have an hearty conversation every day. Now, I do not know who my neighbor is, unless there is a tsunami or a varda. I wonder who these people are talking to nonstop, in autos, buses, trains or while driving. Positive side is we can communicate with complete strangers thanks to internet.

Cheers,

Agatha83

GeetaKashyap, periamma and PavithraS like this.
  3. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

Dear @periamma ,
    Your snippet on communications sure takes us back in time. Very nicely narrated. I remember the days when we used to wait for the street postman on his bicycle ringing the bell and calling out " Sir, thabaal" ! Oh! How we used to dread the word Thandhi even if it came bearing good news and wishes from people afar! I personally felt little sad when the Telegraphic services by Indian Postal System was called off. Telephones were considered very very luxurious. Now even a kid has own cell phone. For good or bad, communication industry has undergone a rapid change thanks to modern day technology. Still people very rarely have a heart to heart conversation about which some ILites have already posted in their response. I am in full agreement with them. Thank you for the post.

Regards,
    Pavithra

GeetaKashyap, jskls and periamma like this.
  4. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Agatha83 Thanks for coming .Mobile phone had a good role during natural calamity .People stranded in various locations sought help thro mobile phones.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@PavithraS Thanks Pavi

6. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

No doubt modern communication keeps everyone connected all the time , distance is no longer an issue .
    With things like messenger and whatsapp we get minute by minute updates ofeverything thats happening in every corner of the world .
    Within family , even what we had for lunch is discussed ! So much so , when we reallymeet in person , there is nothing new to talk or know about. Anything we talk has already been texted so there isno novelty or thrill of chatting together .

GeetaKashyap and periamma like this.
  7. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

With due respect to the nostalgia, I think what is happening is good.

GeetaKashyap and periamma like this.
  8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@SCSusila Thank you Susila

9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Tamrakshar Thanks for your response