1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Communication Skills

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by amnilakshmi, Aug 1, 2018.

1. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

I am a quiet person who doesnt talk, interact, communicate to the point most of the time. IF i try to speak more, then i become emotional, whatever the topic is. Now myproblem -

At office- People work less and communicate more and are at good eyes of mgmt
    At home - I get emotional if i speak or else no talk at all. I do not have control over anything. I work like a donkey but no recognition any where. Please do not tell me why i am looking of recognition at home. Remember communication is key to everything. Even if we have not done anything wrong, in-laws keep talking and make the situation worse and since i do not have the required skills to put the blame on others, i am the black sheep everywhere. Hope you understand...

Now My question is how to acquire this skill. I am short tempered and emotional. I dont know how to change myself.

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I don't know how best to acquire communications skills. But I know one think, it is to work smartly.
    No one respects donkey's though they work hard. The master mind behind every work is appreciated at the end.

Even if you don't communicate much, you can always be vigilant of what is happening around you.

3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,
    I have similar issues and do not have skills to speak loudly and confidently when I do not know the stuff so I can some hown reidrect blame to others or show I am not to blame. I work honestly and work hard but no one recognizes that. This is the culture now a days.
    I work at my desk all the time, and lunch also but people who mingle at lunch, socialoze at lunch somehow know how things work. I am comfortable only in certain set or types of people which is why some people think I am oversmart or so( some indian people) but actually i am very shy when go out in bigger world. I can not even talk to my neighbors.
    I have one Indian couple friends they are friends to whole town, from cops to docs, no they are not in high profile jobs but they have a way. There are some people who feed others and gifts others a lot and make friends. I honestly do not know. When I make friends, it usually works opposite to me. My friends come and make my house mess or break something, do permanent damage and leave with no remorse.
    We need to learn from them.
    Only way of learning is going out more and talking more even when you do not know how.

4. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Can someone give me tips on how ?

5. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Stop getting emotional and think logically. Analyse the sItuation you have faced and what should have been your reaction. Do this sometimes and next time you would think twice before reacting to anything immediately. You need a lot of pratice to aquire the skill. You have to be consious of the actions you have done. Observe the people around you carefully. You get your answers there.