1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Common Health problems faced by Kids Visiting India

Discussion in 'Infants' started by rajanikakarla, Sep 19, 2009.

1. rajanikakarla

rajanikakarla New IL'ite

Hi All,
    let us discuss what are the common problems we face while visiting India with our infants/kids, so that we can get some tips from the previous visitors. last week I came to India from Ireland with my 8 months old twin girls. some strange things I noticed in the first week itself, one baby is fine and another one is does not want to have any solid or semi-solid food. she is having just milk when ever she is thirsty. rest everything is with them, they are going to everyone and playing nicely. does anyone come over with this kind of problem, if so let me know how did you feed solids to your baby.

Rajani

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi...
    Very good thread hope other moms join soon...

3. NilamKhushi

NilamKhushi Senior IL'ite

Thanks for starting this thread, I am planning to travel to India in 2 months with my DS, by then she would be 4 months, hope I get useful Info from this thread.

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Awesome thread! My SIL was saying that the water was the main problem for her. So, I think getting bottle or boiled water is advisable for babies.
    Another thing is that, my nephew was suffering from dust allergies it seems. So, getting kids outside might be a little bit of problem.

5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  6. aniShekar

aniShekar Platinum IL'ite

There's one thing most of us overlook - kids might swallow some amount of water when brushing teeth...In my initial trips, I used tap water, and they'd promptly end up with some kind of throat infection! The best bet would be to use bottled water for brusing teeth too!
    And while on bottled water, not all are bottled professionally. Especially in small towns, you might see bottled re-filled with tap water! Do be sure to get reputed, and sealed, bottled water.

1 person likes this.