1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Commercial Breaks - give me a break - Part 2

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by navs23, Mar 4, 2011.

1. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Commercial Trivia

1) The same commercial played repeatedly within the span of a 30 minute program? Like or Love?
    Ans: After some time hate the commercial and the product. Too much of anything is bad!

2) Health or hygiene products always attested by a doctor who always wears a white coat. Does this increase your trust in the product?
    Ans: Not really! People are educated enough to know those are not real doctors and the same doctor might soon attest the competitor's product as well.

3) An already very fair girl has her face painted black, she uses a fairness cream for several days and immediately becomes fair again. Does it really work?
    Ans: Definitely, only if you plan to paint your face with coal for few days and then wash it off. You will see no big difference.

4) Commercials which claim that their product is best all over India. Agree?
    Ans: Where is the evidence? Did a common man test the product with other competitive products? Who collected the survey and statistics?

5) Famous personalities who certify that a particular product is the best use only that product? True?
    Ans: Not really and even if they do, who cares, it doesn't really mean that a product is good just because it has been attested by some one famous.

Commercials I love/hate

Market - Lady asks the vendor to cut every mango to show that it is good.
    Saree shop - Lady tries to rip off a thread from a silk saree to test if it is genuine.
    Grocery store - Lady opens the safe seal on a ghee bottle to check if it is pure.
    Lady then picks up a packet of chilly powder without any quality checks. The other lady questions and corrects her saying even chilly powder can be adulterated and one needs to check.
    Moral: Though this ad is to promote a particular product, a big kudos to the creative director for bringing up some awareness that people need to check everything they buy for quality :thumbsup

Lady is holding a rose in her hand. A guy comes to her and the rose crumbles the moment his breath touches it. Lady forsakes the guy and moves on to the next guy, whose breath makes the rose come alive.
    Moral: Purpose of brushing one's teeth is not for personal hygiene or health reasons but only for the purpose of meeting a cute guy :rant

Girl is being prevented from entering a thick bush by her father for the fear of skin problems. Mother comes out to assure that as long as a particular soap is being used everything is ok.
    Man is worried about perspiration and sprays himself with perfumes. Wife assures him that as long as the soap is being used everything is ok.
    Father brings daughter some fried foods and when the daughter is worried about pimples, mother assures that as long as she uses the soap, everything is ok.
    Moral : For uses listed and those that are not as well, use the soap and all is well :rotfl

Vegetable lady markets vegetables in english.
    Villager asks another villager for time and is asked if he wants to know the time for US or London
    Youth asks a villager for directions and villager answers in fluent english.
    Petty shop owner offers a chips packet and says "take it dear"
    Moral: Just eat this internationally flavored chips, and one will become fluent in english :bonk

Conclusion:

Different is good, but not so different that it looks and sounds impossible or un natural(use this and you will turn into a beautiful angel overnight). Commercials which can make a common man relate to the product and create a desire to buy the product will always win, even if there are no crazy stunts or extra ordinary results.

Disclaimer: - These are only my interpretations, opinions about the way commercials were presented and the message they conveyed to me and is not to be taken seriously(only for laughs!). This is not an opinion about any brand, product, company, actor or creative director, but only about the visual in the commercial as I see it.

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

You read my mind Navs..these thoughts went through me too..whenever I see those ads. on air..and when I repeated the same comment over and over again, my daughter said..."ma..you repeated this several times..I also know that the commercial is not true.." :)
    What more we can ask for..:)

sriniketan

3. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for visiting my blog Sriniketan! Very well said! It is wonderful to know that the young generation are not getting miscarried or misguided on seeing such commercials :thumbsup

4. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hello navs,

Really liked that 'satiric humour' embedded in your writing.

Keep it coming!!:thumbsup

:cheers
    Saras

5. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Dear navs,

Especially the last one is extremely cute:

"Just eat this internationally flavored chips, and one will become

fluent in English".

Great attempt.

6. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Hello Saras,
    Thank you for dropping in and for the encouraging comments. Will keep me going :)

7. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Saras! That's the only thing that comes to my mind whenever I saw the chips commercial :bonk

8. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Hi navs, good one. The only thing which I dread most about ads is that the same ad being repeated twice or thrice in the commercial break.
    Regards

9. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

ha ha...Good one :thumbsup

10. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for visiting my blog Maalti. Appreciate your feedback. Keep visiting :)