1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Commercial Breaks - give me a break - Part 1

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by navs23, Mar 3, 2011.

1. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

I think I am not the first disgruntled television viewer who keeps changing channels the moment commercials start. But sometimes, out of sheer boredom and that all the channels decided to air commercials at the very same minute, I love to watch commercials. Some have made me smile and some have made me really think if this is what you call creativity.

The scene starts with 3 kids ragging another nice kid by pulling down his pants and being intervened by the school principal who threatens to punish them. The boy beautifully gets all of them out of trouble by lying that he has been practicing for the sack race with his pants down. While the moral of the story is not that a kid can lie though for a good purpose, it was very nice to see the other kids repent their action and befriend the nice kid :thumbsup

Guy and girl are standing outside their house and having second thoughts about eloping. Girl assures guy that they will have a grand reception and invite everyone, so it would be alright. Guy hesitates until he smells the talcum powder on the girl and immediately decides to elope. Moral of the story for parents - never buy that powder for your daughter?? Moral of the story for girls - buy that powder, it makes eloping easy. Moral of the story for the guy - yes, just one talcum powder will help you both ride out any difficulties and challenges in life :thumbsdown

Dad is in a rush to work and son comes with a plant in hand and tries to start a conversation. Dad has no time, but drinks a cup of coffee and is fully charged only to ask the son what he named his plant??? does anyone name their plants, that too with a dog's name(the famous movie 'Moonram Pirai' where Sridevi calls the dog 'Subiramani' in a childish sweet voice)? Moral of the story - coffee makes you crazy enough to name plants :bonk

A boy asks his mother if god really exists. Change of scene, a girl asks her mother how coconut water is actually placed inside the coconut and then a conclusion that God really exists. A very simple, subtle explanation for a complicated concept :bowdown

Disclaimer: - These are only my interpretations, opinions about the way commercials were presented and the message they conveyed to me and is not to be taken seriously(only for laughs!). This is not an opinion about any brand, product, company, actor or creative director, but only about the visual in the commercial as I see it.

2. anjali10

anjali10 New IL'ite

Hi Navs,

Commercials are very important for me. Thats when i feed my son. He likes commercials a lot. Now change channels for commercials

3. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

lovely post..

In my house I with my husband who frequently click on changing channels to get rid of commercials

I personally like to watch those short, totally fulfulling( a story, a song, very nice visual, some cute actings and a message) commercials rather than those 'azugaachi' seria;s..

nice to read buddy..keep going..:thumbsup

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Navs,

Nice post....

Akila

5. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for the feedback Anjali. While these commercials are annoying to adults like me, it is very sweet to see that they attract the little ones and keep them well occupied during feeding :thumbsup

6. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for visiting my blog Akila! Appreciate your feedback :)

7. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Iniyamalar! Your IL name is very sweet and unique :thumbsup

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Wonderful point, though I hate the commericals when it comes in the middle of some interesting movie and sometimes mute the television, I cannot help take a glance every now and then atleast for the visuals without the sound. Totally agree, any day, commercials are 100 times better than serials, even if we watch the same commercial again and again :)

8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Nice article! ! My relationship with commercials is blow hot blow cold! I like some some I don't. Here I hate the pharmaceuticals ads..every medicne comes with this warning-may cause this, that...or death!

9. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for visiting my blog kkrish! Appreciate your feedback. Right on! I was just thinking on the same lines too that atleast the ads in our channels are not as boring and dull as the pharma ads here, which goes on for 2 to 3 minutes listing every possible health problem in the history of medicine, which makes us think, we would be well off without the medicine rather than take one and suffer through all the side effects :bonk

10. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Iniyamalar! Your IL name is very sweet and unique :thumbsup

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Wonderful point, though I hate the commericals when it comes in the middle of some interesting movie and sometimes mute the television, I cannot help take a glance every now and then atleast for the visuals without the sound. Totally agree, any day, commercials are 100 times better than serials, even if we watch the same commercial again and again :)