Comments / Queries about Krishnaamma's recipe index,recipes, etc.- to be posted here

Discussion in 'Krishnaammas Kitchen' started by krishnaamma, Dec 9, 2006.

1. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Comments / Queries about Krishnaamma's recipe index,recipes, etc.- to be posted h

Dear Sudha,

Thanks for your feed back. BowHappy to know that you like my recipe.:hiya Try some more and give me your valuable feed backs.

2. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Re: Comments / Queries about Krishnaamma's recipe index,recipes, etc.- to be posted h

Hi Krishnaamma,

I liked your recipes, also would be trying some. :hatsoff

Just wanted to know for what is black cardamom used for.

Is it used in recipes?

I have just completed an year after marriage and experimenting with diffferent recipes.

Thanks,
    Anu

3. krishnaamma

HI Anu,

Happy Anniversary to You!

[​IMG]

You asked about Black Cardamom, here is a piece of message about that. I took it from wikipedia.
    The pods are used as a spice, in a manner similar to the green Indiancardamom pods, but those have a drastically different flavor. Unlike green cardamom, this spice is rarely used in sweet dishes. Its smoky flavor and aroma derive from traditional methods of drying over open flames.

If you want more information on this you can visit wikipedia. One more thing I want to tell you My DIL's name is also Anu.:-D
    Thank you very much for your feed back.:hiya

4. meenatk

meenatk New IL'ite

thanks. good posting

5. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Thank you for your wishes Krishnaamma..... !! Thanks for answering my Query.... :) whenever you reply me you would remember your DIL ;-)...

I tried your boondi laddoo now. Will let u know how it came out... I have kept it for cooling.. But I guess the ratio of sugar and water didnt come out well i guess.. however, i guess... its first time... so no need to worry. and also made only some.. i wud finish it off... if my hubby didnt :)

I made this laddoo for my Hubby's Bday... !! Its tomorrow .... so guess he would like it......

Thanks a lot for all your recipes... its wonderful... :thumbsup

6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Dearmost KA,

I have a query. I have few kannadiga friends. Their rasam is completely different. I saw your karnataka sambhar recipes, so I assumed you might know their rasam as well. Can you please post it whenever you get a chance. I would want to try it and surprise them when I invite them next time :mrgreen

Thanks a bunch!!

7. krishnaamma

Hi Anu,

Yes you are right. When ever I see your name or whenever I reply you I will remember her. She is also one IL. Actually she is my BIL's DIL. :-D But close to me.

OK? How you spent your husband's birthday? Convey my Birthday Wishes to him.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  8. krishnaamma

Dear Nandshyam,

Yes I know some of them. They call Rasam as 'Charru' Let me put some in my sub - forum. Please wait a while.:coffee Surely you can surprise your friends. dont worry.

9. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear krishna amma,Bow
    i tried ur salad,boiled chickpeas+veg,thanx alot,now it has turned to my hubby's favourite salad...

10. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Dear Krishna Amma [ read your post just now.. thought it was your full name]

Where is the index of your recipe :hide::hide::hide: I checked on the first post, but it was not working :cry: :cry:

Update: Found it in another thread...was so hungry now.. reading krithika'e post.. how her adai and vengaya sambhar is awesome. me too wanted to try that.. :) got hold of it..

will let you know..

Thanks a bunch Krishna amma.. you are awesome !! God Bless !!!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008