1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Come on, lets us move our feet and shake that stubborn weight a little

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

One of those days you look up for some motivation beyond the company or the banter and more. And you end up finding someone like her and you think " Help me help myself" sounds so profound and she did not want to die without a fight. Not that i am going to do yoga pronto but i do believe i do some of the stretches that this yoing lady of 86 is also doing and will manage to walk without the debilitating pain..

86 year old woman uses yoga to treat her scoliosis and completely transform her body

And tagging @satchitananda buddy chck this out

And yeah have completed the stretches this mornjng and praying will be able to do a walk with my favorite leslie banter..

satchitananda likes this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Have been checking this regime to follow on days when i dont find my standing core..

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Wow! That is certainly inspiring. You do Leslie? Wow! That is quite challenging, isn't it?

Shanvy likes this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I lost all my pile up by walking with leslie videos satchi @satchitananda and what a pile 45+ kgs through a yo yo .. only after the last injury i was asked not to. But i still walk around in my slow pace but to her banter,who knows slow and ateady the banter and pace will keep me float:blush:. Not that hard. You can always skip the hard ones and keep walking or spot walking. I have no fear of falling when i am out so that is another +.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

The first trick to the successful habit of exercising is doing something that you feel comfortable and something you enjoy doing. Making yourself uncomfortable and scared of soreness and pain may not be the one unless you are doing it under supervision.

Walking is my go to fitness even when I struggle with my bursitis and wear a knee band.

A 30 minute walk at slow pace. Will get there to walking at 12 min/mile again someday.

SGA and satchitananda like this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Appreciate and believe in yourself. The most interesting gift to yourself is loving yourself and believing in yourself. Once you understand this doing the same with your loved ones comes easily.

My scale remains hidden. I am going with the tape that tells me a different story. I have Gained half to an inch at places while my scale remained the same. No wonder my core muscle and balance feels bad. Can't feel, the core muscle tightening. And I that is what I am going to concentrate for now.

A strong core muscle for better balance, posture and little lesser pain. Keep me company @SGA

7. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

24 April

4 min warm up ( squats , lunges, leg swing , push up , mountain climber , jumping jack)
    10 sets SN
    30min elliptical
    cool down stretch for hands , legs , neck n back

8. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

I dont even need Tape for that ... My cloths tell me about my Fat gain

9. ShwetaAggarwal

ShwetaAggarwal New IL'ite

Hello Girls,

Am Shweta Aggarwal from Bangalore, India. I have just joined the community. Can someone help me, as how it works ?

10. ShwetaAggarwal

ShwetaAggarwal New IL'ite

Hello Girls

Greetings from WE CARE WE BRIDGE

[​IMG] WE CARE WE BRIDGE

WE CARE WE BRIDGE provides screening for kids between ages 0 to 5 years 6 months in five developmental domains Gross motor, Fine motor, Cognition, Speech & Language and Social & Behavioral Skills. The objective of screening is to create awareness among parents regarding their children’s achievement of age appropriate developmental milestones.

RPWD ACT 2016

As per Government of India Act pertaining to “THE RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, 2016” (NO. 49 OF 2016), Chapter V Social Security, Health, Rehabilitation and Recreation, section 25 -2-c says

Screen all the children at least once in a year for the purpose of identifying “at-risk” cases.

Why in Schools?

· 85 percent of the brain is developed by the time a child is five years old

· Research shows the best time to intervene to optimize development and eliminate disparities is in the first five years of life.

· Identifies problems that otherwise go unnoticed at point of maximum impact

· Identifies children in need of further assessment.

· Enables qualifying children, ages 0-5, access to needed services – Early Intervention and Preschool Special Education (special education, OT, PT, counseling, family training)

· Early Care and Education providers are in an ideal position to assess children’s development and often are the first one to observe potential delays.

· Providers have relationships with the parents and can partner with them in monitoring and celebrating their child’s development.

How School will benefit?

CELEBRATE MILESTONES: Every family looks forward to their child’s first smile, first step, and first words. Regular screenings creates awareness of a child’s development, making it easier to anticipate and celebrate milestones

PROMOTE UNIVERSAL SCREENINGS: Much as hearing and visions screenings assure children can hear and see, developmental and behavioral screenings measure language, social, and motor developmental progress

IDENTIFY DELAYS AND CONCERNS EARLY: Children can receive support at the appropriate time

ENHANCE DEVELOPMENTAL SUPPORTS: Combine family love with expert tools, guidance and tips to make the most of children’s developmental support

HOW WILL MY CHILD BENEFIT FROM SCHOOL AFTER SCREENING?

Screening will provide the report of your child on age appropriate developmental domains and Special Needs

§ Gross motor – physical development in sitting, standing, walking, running, jumping etc..

§ Fine motor – abilities such as eye-hand coordination, use of tools & handwriting

§ Language – abilities in verbal comprehension, expression & speech production

§ Cognitive – abilities to learn, think and solve problems

§ Social Skills – essential skills in communication, social interaction, self-care in daily living

Screening and Administration

Screening is defined as a brief, formal, evaluation that aids in the early identification of children at risk for a developmental and/or behavioral delay.

We use a standardized and validated tool. Screening is done once in a year, Screening is done through an online questionnaire which needs to be completed by the parents, it’s easy to use and would take approximately 10-15 mins, parents would be provided with username and password to login and fill in the questionnaire. Fill in the responses carefully. Screening results would be emailed to parents within 10 days of taking the screening.

With the generated report, parents and teachers can identify areas which need attention and take appropriate measures.

We would provide Teacher Training by Child Development Psychologist (Doctor) for classroom management and integration of the children in schools. Our website would provide suggestions and related contacts, further you can consult your pediatrician for assessment if required.

WE CARE WE BRIDGE partners with schools to conduct screening for its students.

So Parents don’t delay as EARLY INTERVENTION is the only method through which we can identify and work on any developmental delays to ensure child reaches its true potential.