1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Come on, lets us move our feet and shake that stubborn weight a little

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Jul 3, 2012.

1. PriyaDominic

PriyaDominic Gold IL'ite

Dear shanvy...
    Me too..
    i reduced quite a bit with GM diet.. i wantto maintain teh same and reduce again...

I work from 9:30 to 7:00 mostly and have a 2 year old son.
    I try to drink warm water in empty stomach in the morning and reduce my food intake overall.
    Avoiding snacks/sweets totally.
    th problem is I am not consistent in doing any excercise or even the diet at times.
    tthese days I spent 15 minutes in teh morning doing some small excercises.

Count me too in...

Regds,
    Priya

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sravani, do join..now walk a little...

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Pinky you are welcome to join us.. be committed and the rest will follow...

4. maluchandra

maluchandra New IL'ite

hi all..
    i m new to IL n this thread too...really want shed wgt abt 7 kgs..now i m 69kg...so ppl i need ur motivation ...i m IN for walk at home concept.:rotfl:rotfl

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i took more than 2 years to lose that weight..i am in for the long haul and looking to maintain the same and not looking at fast results.. pdo.. and i do 5 miles/4 miles whatever i can.. you can say it depends..somedays it is 30 minutes because i have worked hard at doing something else.. i walk all around, i am not allowed to drive, so i walk to places which are under the 1/2 km perimeter..and take auto only if its farther..

PLK likes this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

why not a five minute walk today... nihasvin.. you are welcome..there is no better day than today...and keep walking, keep moving...

1 person likes this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hey jyoti, i am not working..but i do have a busy schedule in the morning and as a single parent handling two teenager (husband works away from home).

i would just say wake up 10/15 minutes before the schedule time you wake up, warm up and do a 1mile initially..and just move your feet while sitting in the office..(I think there is one called 5 minute walk between office hours or something by leslie) i know of ladies here at il, who just take a walk in the lunch break too..

again it all trickles down to our commitment..intially i used to procastinate, i was feeling low, or was not in a mood..but today it has become a habit..rather than a issue..

start with 5 minutes/10 minutes half a mile.. with proper sleep, good diet your scale will dip and your attitude will change. and you will be telling us you did 5 miles in no time..

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

You know priya, with gm diet, we get that kind of comfort zone, that we can lose fast if at all we increase weight..the easy method has a definite pull isn't it..but the effects don't last..

now that you have lost, do maintain with good diet (by diet i don't mean starving, i eat full, it is more a balanced one.. i have my carbs, even my piece of mint chocs which i cannot resist, or a muffin..but the trick is portion control and the balance..)

don't avoid snacks/sweets completely..have them once in a week as a treat when you have been consistent and have been regular wtih your exercise and food..

we are not at war against our body..we are working with our body to reduce that extra weight that we piled up without noticing..

1 person likes this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

nobody can motivate you more than is possible.. do check out leslie sansone videos on youtube or torrents...start walking..

10. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanvy
    I have been walking walking walking since 2 years and I see no improvement my body(My tailbone of spine area gets cramps) doesnt allow me to walk faster I take 30 to 40 minutes to walk 3 km is it good any suggestions dear I dont eat fried foods and eat sweets once in 15 days... my bone joints are making crackling noises I dont know what to do yet I dont miss my walks If you know any tips please do guide me...