1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Combination of mother's milk and NAN-1

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by babychinnu, Dec 3, 2009.

1. babychinnu

babychinnu Senior IL'ite

Hi Iladies,

Its been very long that I posted my updates. Been to my hometown and back just last Sunday.
    Baby Doyel (my baby's nick name) is doing fine. She is very active and playing well. But, only thing is she doesnot sleep peacefully. Dont know when she will get accustomed to this world full of sounds !!!
    She is very attached to me, Ofcourse every kid will be attached to their moms. When she cries, she keeps quiet when she listens my voice and she is smiling seeing me these days. Very happy with these progresses.

I am breastfeeding her. Dont know how she will react if i go to office. Thats why am thinking if it would be better that I give NAN-1 the whole day and at nights BF. How will this be? Is it okay if I start this combination from her 3rd month? Please suggest.

Thanks,
    Deepchiran.

2. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Deep, can you express your milk while you are at your workplace? Are there facilities to do that and to store the milk, If so, try to start pumping. If you do not bf or pump the whole day your milk supply may go down due to reduced demand.

3. PeeVee

PeeVee Senior IL'ite

deep,
    i would also suggest the same what pavarun said. if there is no way for pumping, then i would suggest you to slowly introduce baby to Nan1 and slowly increase the frequency. I started workign when my son was 6wks and was giving him formula right from the beginning, but only once a day. when i started working all of a sudden he was taking formula the whole day and BFing only morning and evening.. that caused him indigestion problems, he vomited thrice one day and was in observation for next 2 days....whatever new thing you introduce they have a tendency to develop probelms initially and then they would get better..dont change it all of sudden as i did. but now i used to pump and store it for next day so that DS will have breast milk for 3-4 feedings and then takes formula once or twice a day..

4. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Hi Deep,

I would also suggest the same. I started working when my kid was 2.5 months (now she is 3 months) and for the past 15 days I am able to pump and feed her successfully. If you need my schedule in pumping then I can let u know

Vidyaa

5. babychinnu

babychinnu Senior IL'ite

hi iladies,

thanks for your replies.

vidya, please let me know your pumping schedule.

thanks,
    deepchiran.