1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Colic pain

Discussion in 'Infants' started by ramya_psk, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Raj these are the names I found for dill,
    German ~ Dill
    Hindi ~ Sowa
    Tamil ~ Sataguppi, Guppai
    Telugu ~ Shatapushpamu, Vakataraha, Sabasiga
    Malayalam ~ Chathakuppa
    Kannada ~ Sabbasigi soppu, Sabbasige bija

Amicable try to bathe your baby in the evenings - once your mil sees that nothing bad happens to the baby, she'll be fine with it. Use warm water and make sure you dry the baby up well before you put the clothes on and don't expose to extremes of temperature - you'll do just fine.

At one point I seriously thought of buying that hammock (amby baby) too. But then I was wondering if he'll really use it or not and then again my baby was not as much colicky as yours so we just waited and it did get better. With regard to your swing, your baby will start enjoying it as he gets older though it doesn't help you with the colic problem.

-L.

2. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Amicable you may have already done this, but some moms have told me that taking the baby on a drive helps, something to do with the vibrations. You can also strap the baby in the car seat and put him on the dryer/washer with the dryer or washer on - again the vibrations may soothe him.

Raj

3. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Hello Pooja balaji...

Welcome to the Indusladies. I am around one year old on this site. And trust me its amazing how everybody is so helpful. Living abroad makes you feel home sick sometime. We got familes, relatives and friends back home. But since I have joined this forum, I don't miss my home much. Because we got so many good people here. They all are like our family. You can always get their shoulder to cry and they all there to shower their love on you when its needed.

Now back to the colic situation. Your post felt like my own story word by word. I am going through the same situation and luckily my husband and my mother who came from India to help me out they are very supportive. I do get breaks from time to time. But sometime it becomes to stressful after listning my baby screams at night time for hours n hours and you feel so miserble and helpless.

After reading your post I feel so much better that there is nothing wrong with my baby. And your husband is so right that imagining the good part about the baby makes it less stressful. Thank you to your husband and you who made me realise that stressing about colic day and night I am missing my baby's good time during day time.

Thanks again for your reply. Please be in touch. I am also very greatful to the other members who are so supportive and giving me their helpful advice always.

Regards

4. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Amicable, hyoscyamine is very often given for abdominal colics in adults too. Its used in treating renal spasms too. As long as the doc has prescribed it, I guess you can use it. Its really good to know that your baby is doing much better with even lesser amounts of the medication.

-L.

5. poojabalaji

poojabalaji New IL'ite

Hallo ladies,

Raj,

Definetly its not at all fun to have a colic baby around... that too when you are a first time mommy shakehead. Such is the situation. As you say i am all glad that its over now :queen. More than me its my family(esp My husband to whom i used to crib and cry most of the time he is home) who are relieved becos they had to handle me as well as my daughter. Both we mother and daughter are hard to deal with i guess Big Laugh . My poor people.

Amicable,

As rightly said by you am really happy to have landed in this site, i wish i could have found this when i was Stuck with my daughter's colicky.
    Also,i am really happy that we (My self and my DH) were of atleast a little help to you. Hope and wish that your child gets better asap.
    keep posting about your child's improvement .

cheers

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi pooja,
    Welcome to IL! I loved reading your earlier post on colic - very well-expressed! How old is your daughter now? Hope to see you here often now that you've found us!

Vanathi.

7. poojabalaji

poojabalaji New IL'ite

Hi Vanathi,

Thanks for the warm welcome. My daughter is around 8 months and i have posted her fotos in the other thread "Photos of your LOs".
    Of course i am here to stay for long...no other forum can be this interactive and helpful as far as i have seen so far. Kudos to one and all :thumbsup.

cheers

8. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

I would have to agree with SupriyaDinesh. Do not experiment giving too many items to the LO by mouth. It is just a passing phase - as the time goes, you will see the results. So have patience.

My baby used to spit-up a lot. So I used to feed him, hold him upright for half an hour, pat him, burp him, put him in sling. We never let him sleep flat on his back till it started getting a little alright. Also whenever he used to cry, we used to walk or rock him telling "shhhh". You won't believe, it used to work wonders for us. Continuously we had to say this for about 10 to 15 minutes. So by the time it came to an end, our mouth used to be dry. So we thought of recording it and playing it over and over, but this particular idea didn't work Big Laugh. We didn't give any medicine by mouth for the LO.

It is very tiring, I understand. But it is worth it :thumbsup.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  9. desiprincess

desiprincess Senior IL'ite

probiotics and colic

Hi,

My DD is 10 weeks old, and the pead. just diagnosed her with colic. she prescribed some probiotics and asked me to go on a strict diet because I'm BFing. Does anybody know if probiotics help with colic? and if I can still eat cheese and yougurt. I don't drink any milk cuz i'm also lactose intolarent.

Thanks
    Desi

10. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Re: probiotics and colic

Hi Desi, sorry doesn't have much to help you on this. I am sure other moms will pour in answers to your question. I just wanted to give you a hug. (((((HUGS))))) Hang in there.

Also, you may want to read up on colic and how other moms dealt with it. Just go to the alphabetical index and look for the link on colic.

Good luck.
    Raj

P.S- actually I am going to merge this thread with the already existing thread on colic. FYI.