1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

cold & cough

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by shrutirupa, Dec 18, 2009.

1. shrutirupa

shrutirupa Senior IL'ite

hi there
    how are you all
    my daughter who is 4 years old always suffers from terribile cold and cough rather i can say chest congestion ,
    is there any way by which i can reduce the frequency of the same
    i used to giver her honey + pepper or cloves , and have also tried lot of other home remedies on her but could not see any big difference
    pls share your views abt the same

thanks in advance
    regards

shrutirupa

2. selviik

selviik Senior IL'ite

Hi ShrithiRupa,

Even my son has been having frequent episodes of cold and cough and chest congetsion and i was trying to treat it with the same treatment u are trying now. But he ended up having 3 ear infections in a row and the last time i took him to the pediatrician we found out that he's been having allergies and sinus infection all the while and she put him on Zyrtec(an allergy med) and Nasonex ( a nasal spray) for his chest congestion. Now he is on it for past 3 days and i could very well see the difference in apositive way. They r helping him a lot. So if your daughter keeps feeling this way please get her checked by her doctor.

Hope she feels better soon.

3. shrutirupa

shrutirupa Senior IL'ite

hi selvi ,
    thanks a lot for your reply
    but my pediatician gave me the same medicines i am giving that
    but just wanted to know any home remedies as its always better than allopathy medicines isntit

thanks again
    regards
    rupa

4. ramyagiri

ramyagiri Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shrutirupa,

give her Dabur chyawanprash. its really very effective. my son had wheezing prob when he was a kid. for 3 yrs i had given him and after that no wheezing. since shes young,you can form a small garlic chain and tie around the neck when they have cold. the smell is very effective for cold.

for kashayam, in little water add omam(thyme seeds) garlic, ginger, tulsi, pepper and boil them. filter them and add little honey and give its gud for cough! try it:)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  5. shrutirupa

shrutirupa Senior IL'ite

hi ramya
    thanks a lottttttttttt for those remedies
    i will surely try the ohmam one
    thx again
    regards
    shrutirupa

6. hamsadhvani

hamsadhvani Junior IL'ite

You can give them pankajakasturi (powder or syrup form by dabur). It really helps to build up resistance for cold and cough. you can give it after food in the morning or add a spoon full in a cup of milk. It relly works. Even the adults can try. try to give few bottles and then you can continue if you want.

Or give honey and lemon drink.

take a small piece of cloth and fold in small amount of omum and a small piece of camphor and fold it to a small pack or tie it with a thread. Then inhale the pack for heavy nose block or cold. it is also a effective way.

Add 1/2 spoon of pepper powder in hot rice and heat a spoon full of ghee and pour it on the pepper powder. add salt and eat it while it is hot.

Hamsa.

7. ramyagiri

ramyagiri Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shrutirupa,
    its best to give dabur chyawanprash as kids get good resistance. i heard abt pankajkasturi that its also gud. but i have experienced with dabur chyawanprash. as kids grow, they get gud resistance.:)

and u stay in Abudhabi?? hows the rentals there. we may be moving there in another 6months time i think. where do u stay. we just want to knw rents in mussaffa or shabbia area? any indian schools nearby!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  8. shrutirupa

shrutirupa Senior IL'ite

hi ramya ,
    how are you doing
    glad to know that you are moving to abudhabi
    regarding rents in mussafa and shabiya area around 65k to 70k for 1bhk
    80k to 85k for 2bhk
    you have two popular schools in that area( sunrise international and emirates future academy) i have heard that both the schools are good
    i stay in mushrif area
    if you want some more details you can pm me
    regards
    rupa

9. shrutirupa

shrutirupa Senior IL'ite

hi hamsa
    thanks a lot for your reply
    rgds
    rupa

10. ramyagiri

ramyagiri Bronze IL'ite

Hi Rupa,
    thanks for the info! my son is studying in ourown high school here in dubai. lets c how things go! we plan to shift after his exams around march end only. take care! :)