1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Coffee Addiction

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by omsrisai, Feb 5, 2018.

1. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,

Off-let i am getting addicted to coffee and i need to reduce it now.
    Mornings i take two coffees and sometimes in office i try to have coffee as well.

Any suggestion how to reduce this coffee addiction please.

2. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

Coffee addiction is something serious.
    First you could start with reducing the rounds.You said you have two rounds in the morning substitute it with one . Slowly reduce the quantity .

Why do you want to reduce it ? Do you have any health issues associated ?If not, a small glass of coffee in the morning is no harm.

omsrisai likes this.
  3. Rakshini

Rakshini Silver IL'ite

Hi , even I love coffee very much.i used to take 2 coffee before breakfast.and around 12 o clock in office later in evening 1.totally 4 cups I had.
    But now I am taking only 2.one in morning which we can't live without.a nother in the evening
    I don't put sugar in my coffee so I will not have that urge to have one more extra.i Ve replaced 11 o clock coffee with juice. tender coconut,green tea,hot water,soup can be alternative options which u can try
    I stopped taking Bcos my mom used to scold me for my coffee intake,so gradually we can reduce

omsrisai likes this.
  4. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Try an alternative option, like opting for a green tea instead of only coffee.

Or reduce the size of the cup, so even if you drink more times, it will still be less on quantity.

Or if the quantity is important to you, water it down n have more.

Start chewing gum or drinking warm / normal water whenever the craving starts.

Keep yourself busy during your regular craving time.

omsrisai likes this.
  5. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

- I want to reduce coffee intake,as i consume it when i am feeling stressed ,so wanted to get rid of that habit.

- Looks having alternatives instead of coffee sounds a good idea,let me start working on it.

- Sure let me try with alternative options like green tea or soup etc,reducing the size of the cup should help as well.

6. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Apart from alternatives for coffee, u could try reducing the amount of the coffee decoction and adding little more milk, so it's light coffee and the caffeine content is less..u could gradually reduce the quantity of coffee u drink till u come down to a cup of coffee a day which is reasonable..
    One idea I have is having slightly smaller amount of coffee with biscuits or home made cookies..Ok maybe not such a great idea to have biscuit n all if ur too conscious about what you eat..but dipping the biscuit in coffee and having it makes you feel a little full, so you're able to have smaller quantity of coffee without feeling that you have reduced it.