1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Code Language Between You And Your Dh

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by akshaya452, Jan 29, 2018.

1. akshaya452

akshaya452 Silver IL'ite

I get it and I wil :tearsofjoy: and will :mask:

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I've been racking my brains each time this thread shows up in Recent Posts. No code words to be romantic around kids. Never felt the need for those. We do use Hindi words when talking about the kids, their school stuff, or any surprise planned for them. That is fun because. half knowledge is indeed a very dangerous thing. : ) Kids get the gist of it based on their long ago Bal Vihar Hindi classes, and the gist is often terribly and hilariously off topic.

The few times we did use code was when visiting extended family and relatives on each side -- distant uncles, aunts, cousins, nephews... Very trying times. Depending on whose side we are visiting, I or he would plead 'do the Romans' : ) meaning, "please.. when in Rome, do as the Roman's do ... I know this Uncle is very annoying... but, it is just another half an hour.. then we'll leave" "just one more set of feet to touch, please do the Romans" : )

From the beginning, our romance has been more the garden variety. Doing a chore unasked or saying 'hey don't bother with gift-vift for my b'day..'

More recently, it is me cooking 3-4 dishes in 2 Instant Pots. Counter full of vessels and vegetable peels, cutting boards etc. Dining table full of plates. Sink also full. After dinner, I grandly wash my hands and announce that I am retiring for the day. He cleans up the entire kitchen. As I go away, I tell him to wear gloves as the tap water is freezing. I don't think he does. But my saying counts. : )

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  3. akshaya452

akshaya452 Silver IL'ite

4. akshaya452

akshaya452 Silver IL'ite

Bumping the thread

5. Samantha111

Samantha111 Senior IL'ite

I like your thread.It is soo sweet and funny and light..It is nice that girls like you are coming and sharing stuff that is working for you in your married life. It is funny and amazing and I felt happy reading the posts...LOTS of love to all the ladies here.

KashmirFlower and akshaya452 like this.
  6. akshaya452

akshaya452 Silver IL'ite

I will definetly take the credit to keep this page going on and on

Samantha111 likes this.
  7. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

I just came across this post and the responses are hilarious. My kids are young enough and I have not felt the need yet to use any code language recently. We did use it during our dating days in college to communicate when we were amongst friends. Too personal to share here.

8. akshaya452

akshaya452 Silver IL'ite

We would gladly accept shortest version of the codes or the context when the codes where used . Because it gives lots of energy and new ideas

9. akshaya452

akshaya452 Silver IL'ite

10. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

Wow! What a thread. I will have to come back and read through all the responses. I guess only code I can share which might have already been shared by several other IL's is if he brings jasmines on his way back from work :blush:There are times when there are no actual flowers but if he mentions about them I should get the hint anyway :facepalm:

akshaya452 likes this.