1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Coconut oil for falling hair...lots of hair falls as i massage it in...normal?

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by peeks, Sep 3, 2013.

1. peeks

peeks Gold IL'ite

I have just started using coconut oil on my hair die to falling hair , I heard this oil Is good for strengthening hair. However I find a lit of hair comes out while I massage the coconut oil in my hair, is this normal.

2. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

don't worry, you have hair fall to begin with. Daily application with coconut oil (preferable warm) will do the trick. PLease try to add in a bit of castor oil and/or sesame oil if you have.

3. NirmalaGoofy

NirmalaGoofy Gold IL'ite

It happened the same to me and my daughter. I used to apply coconut oil when I was young. Hair was smooth and thick. I had to discontinue and started applying vatika(enriched coconut oil) for some years. Now since my hairfall was high I started to apply virgin coconut oil for me and my daughter. Hair fall was so drastic I had to discontinue after 3 weeks of application. May be it does not suit some hair types I guess.

4. peeks

peeks Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your reply Dave08...I will get some castor or sesame and add it in.

5. peeks

peeks Gold IL'ite

Thanks , I will see how long much is falling and take another route for falling hair. I also use l'oreal for falling hair shampoo...I find this is kind of good as I notice less hair falling whilst shampooing ...I use the I ditto ear too. The only downside is it makes your hair dry...hence I started with the coconut oil treatment.

6. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

The type of shampoo used also matters. If you have shikaka and/or aritha, then they would be useful. Modern shampoos have a lot of chemicals in it.

7. padmapriya1

padmapriya1 Gold IL'ite

where do we get pure shikakha in chennai ? any idea ?

8. peeks

peeks Gold IL'ite

I just ought some castor oil , will try next week and let you know how it works....does it matter which type of castor oil?