1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Co-sister Obsessed With Black Magic

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Meet9, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Meet9

Meet9 Silver IL'ite

Dear ladies,

I got married into a moderately conservative family. DH has a younger bro (4 yrs younger) and one elder sister (3 yrs age diff). 3.5 yrs back, BIL got married to a girl who belongs to a family line of highly revered religious pundits, now they have 2 kids. Since my BIL got married, my ILs have started going to a astrologer cum vaid (hakim sort of), very regularly because co-sister side family have high believe in them. For everything, my BIL go asks him what dates good for a particular work, whether it is nice to follow this career path, what dates are good for travel, even when to start planning kids etc was done by them..Initially I felt little weird but since it was not affecting me, I wasnt concerned. To each his own. I am in US since long time but they just recently moved here.

I dont have a very close relation with co-sister (she is 9 yrs younger to me) , I hardly know her but from whatever interactions I had with her, it seems, she is immature, greedy, eyeing on others stuff, and bit too much into astrology stuff. my co-sister family knows this astrologer as they are within her family and she follows black magic and occult methods..She has my birth chart on her tips, my DH's and my son's as well....I have seen her doing some stuff to cow/dogs when I stayed with them for few days in my last india trip...she herself is very conservative in the sense she is very strict in kitchen, like cleaning every night with water and scrubbing, washing hands several times if she has touched anything used, etc..even though she is modern and wears all sorts of clothes, if I eat garlic, I am not allowed in her kitchen it seems..but she gorges on pizza and chinese food outside...

Now, it has started bothering me a bit..How? My ILs, all of them , MIL, FIL and SIL family as well have gotten into the grip of this respected astrologer....I am not sure to even use the word grip because I feel most people have guru or someone they go to for spiritual stuff....they have believe in him as well...they all take meds from him regularly, they also now ask everything from him..My FIL already had some interest in astrology, while fixing my marriage, he did horoscope matching, he has mine, DH and our kid's kundali downloaded on his tab, and he has taken it and shown to different astrologers, particularly this one, and they are sending stuff like Tabiz, stones ring etc for all of us to wear..they ask us to follow some procedures which my DH wants to..I have no issues as they are just following some pooja procedures..but as far as my little toddler and I wearing tabiz, I am starting feeling uncomfortable....its not that I dont respect some highly revered, but its that its coming from my co-sister hands and she will me tying it personally on my newborn and my toddler..I am really getting uncomfortable even though I dont believe in black magic..its little scary for me.....I have decided to tell her that I dont like my kids and myself wearing these things..what if she really does something to some corner in my home which I would never be aware of?.....

All this is stemming from my ILs hating me, treating me like outsider, jealous and insecure SIL..complete lack of trust to my co-sister whom I have so far seen as a greedy person...she took all my stuff (some expensive things I bought in india trip which I was unable to bring back to my home, without my permission)..

any suggestions / something to clear my head?

Thanks!

2. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

Well hav heard of black magic stuffs from my grandma wen i was a kid... My grandma hated my grandpa s brothers wife ( grandma s co sis lets say X) since she believed co sis do black magics.. v wer neighbours too... Only v had telephone in tht neighbourhood so it was my duty to inform them if they receive any calls... My grandma warns me, scares me n says never drink even a glass of water from her X's house .. i bcame so afraid tht i never kept my foot inside tht house beyond tht gate aftr conveying the message..
    And all of my aunts had testimonials like X 's (did black magic and caught them red handed n all) grandma became so obsessed in her belief that any minor bad things happen to us she immediately start cursing X.
    And the most mysterious fact is that any palm reader/fortune teller ladies comes they says these same things.. tht som1 has done som bad omen on ur family n blah blah blah... Once our newly established business had a well n once a palm reader said a black magic has done on some living creature and is in the well .. n my uncle s searched and found one tortoise... N there the list goes on...
    And one interesting fact is tht palmreaders know very well tht her listeners will get interested in her only if she says somthng like som1 has don somthng to u.. even if no one has done.. it is their trick to convince n finally family members fight each other...
    I really dont know whether these exists but since it has been filling my ears right from childhood i feel confused..

OP in ur case i think its better to keep a safe distance wit her , neither entertain nor ignore.. n all tabiz stuffs avoid it by saying silly reason..

Meet9 likes this.
  3. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

aamrapali, Sunshine04 and Meet9 like this.
  4. Secret7

Secret7 New IL'ite

Regards,
    Secret 7

5. Secret7

Secret7 New IL'ite

I never believed in it until yesterday. I have 2 elder BIL's. One of them is into business and has been doing good until last year. From past 9 months there is too many problems with their family like money, health and business issues... A baba removed a wooden doll that was hidden in their house along with few metal pieces in different corners of their house
    That was real scary and i am unable to come out of that weird scary feeling.
    I hope everything gets fine with them now atleast...
    But it suggest you that you please avoid such things from her. She will not mind if she is good. And it is good for you & your family too. Why simply suffer due to someone's else mistake or greed. Try to say a straight NO to her. You say, that your kids are allergic to that metal material or something. Last time when you had tied it, they developed rashes. You tell her that you'll keep it under their pillow for ever, take it with you and put it in some temple. It is good not to take panga with these people as they can do any thing. Try to be good with her and to avoid her eye on you and your family.

Let us know what happened after that...

Regards,
    Secret 7

Meet9 likes this.
  6. Meet9

Meet9 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Secret7!

Actually my problem is I cannot avoid them coming to my home, he is DH's real brother and family, we have to give them a separate room because we have 4 bedrooms in our home, I am 8 months pregnant, Dh will be in office, I cannot completely take care of my toddler, BIL will like to take him away from me to play with him and maybe do something to him? how can I avoid all that....we cannot say them dont come to our home keeping in mind the relation!
    I dont take panga at all but I cannot help it if they are jealous, greedy and bad minded people, generally such things happen to people who are too good ,my DH is too good and nice guy, they are taking advantage of him...but I want to protect my kids at any cost.....

Sunshine04 likes this.
  7. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Op. Please stop even saying the word or thinking the word black magic. If the word comes to your mind start thinking about the good things you have done to the society . No magic will come near us , when we are believers of God n our good karma will protect us. That's all I know. There is nothing like magics, first of all. If there is, it will never harm us.

8. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

I think you are confusing her astrological belief with black magic.. there is a branch of Vedic astrology called lal kitab in which there are remedies to astrological problems in someones chart like feeding crows, dogs, cows etc... do you really think a normal human being like her is capable of causing harm using some spells? from where will she get that knowledge.. black magic can't be learnt from books. my personal belief is that black magic is directing negative energy towards a person or family . but if you have a strong positive energy around you , it will not affect you.. believe in a good higher power and don't pay too much attention to your co sister.