1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Co-sister behaviour difficult for me to understand and analyse .. please help

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Beautywithin, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Beautywithin

Beautywithin Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I am a bit upset today ... not that am sad or in painful situation .... its just like my mind is gone silent .... i dont know what am thinking / feeling is it all right or wrong....

My co-sister's behaviour it always leaves me in a doubt ... is she really good and caring ? or is she trying to play mind games with my hubby and MIL and tries to show case her good in front of everyone ?? is it me who is trying to read between the lines and making 2 + 2 = 5 ? :( I dont know ... though there have been times when i have strongly felt she has purposely done some thing or the other to hurt me or make me feel low ... never mind !

Well i dont understand how can she have different opinions about the same topic and still present things in a way that my hubby never feels like doubting her intensions ... Please see at below situations :

1. I have joined my hubby for his work and have taken 3 month leave from my office ... We had well in advance finalised once my leaves are over i will resign and stay with him ....
    To this my co-sister always told my hubby ... how can u let her resign ... dont u know how important it is these days to have a working partner ... and is ur wife not much interested in her career ... whats wrong she can stay some days without you .... is she really willing to leave her career ?
    Err i felt what a kind of wife she is ... doesnt she knows for a wife husband is first priority ... and even after she has spoke to me several times n me mentioning am more than happy doing this why does she has to put the doubt in my hubby's mind ... is it justifiable ? is she actually not wanting me to work only for money so that i can gift her and fulfill her demands ? But my hubby he feels what a good co-sister u have she is so concerned abt u :bonk

2. Of late we got to know that my hubby's work is ending in a month or two .. so we are thinking there is no point in my resigning if any way he is also coming back to india ....so i should come back early and resume job
    Now in present sitution seems co-sister has changed :bowdown She tells my hubby no no dont let her come back .. let her stay there with u ... its not good ... how long would u guys be seperate ... no dont send her ... why is job so important for her ... she can do without job ... let her be housewife ...:spin
    how did she so suddenly in a span of 3 months change ? she now doesnt wants me to work ? why ? earlier she was fine with us staying seperately now y not ? she doesnt wants me to work anymore ? she is having a complex oh is it ? Actually i was working she was good with cooking .. but this free time i have utilised and thought not good cook but i have made some recipes of mine which my hubby appreciates and like ...so if i start working i would have a upper hand huh ? :coffee

3. We are in a financial crisis and need to secure our future in these 1 -2 years only... Since after that when we have kids the possibility of staying abroad reduces ..
    Now when am planning to come back and hubby stays here for few months ... she has started emotionally play with my hubby ... arrey come back no .... why do u want to stay there ... money u can earn anyways ... family is important .. come and stay some time with ur parents and family .. forget money ... nothing is required....
    Again we are not financially stable ... have loans to pay off .. neither FIL nor BIL helping us .. instead they make us pay some of their loans ... even BIL didnt spend a penny on our marraige phew ! they want gifts when i return ...but then say dont worry .. money is not a problem .. she is so jealous of us staying in US and earning ... now that she feels it will be a long time for hubby staying alone in US and earning he can save more .. she is making all bahans that he comes back soon ... arrey ..

Please tell me ILS .. being third person on reading these situations tell me ... doesnt my cosister sound fishy ? or is it me being too very detective types ? :( Thanks for reading a long post !

2. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

your co sis is confused / may be jealous / may be caring / may want to rule you.... but what I don't understand is why do you care at all for all these antics ?? love or hate .. liking or disliking.. caring or not caring .. she has her life and family to look after, so do you have your own life...

you and your husband as partners should decide every thing... finance, staying together or far a way.. what needs to be done with the money you earn, how much to gift, what loans to repay.. its all your decision as a couple...

This is my Mantra - listen to everyone's advise (whatever be their intention) .. do what you feel is right... period.

1 person likes this.
  3. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

could n't guess ur co-sis behaviour as she looks contradicting.. she looks interfering in all matters which u should stop.. if u cannot stop, just ignore it..

why do you guys want to convey all your decisions to them and get approval.. u both should decide and inform them .. if there needs to be any discussions, it should first be you guys and then ur In-laws as they are elders in family.. your co-sis should be clearly out of scene..

1 person likes this.
  4. insha

insha Gold IL'ite

IMO,seen my many aunts, I feel no co sister will be so supportive and caring.She will do anything and everything only if it benefits her.Now so dont take her words seriously and if your hubby says she is a good lady ,say yes and move on.But dont take decisions based on her talks...Do only what is good for you and your hubby...

5. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

She is your co sister not your sister. She will try to dominate you...she is trying to rule over you guys. Let her say whatever she wants to. You do what you want to.

1 person likes this.
  6. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

i feel she just want to dominate you. She wants to show her presence and wanted by both of you. I feel she herself is not clear about her ideas. She just want to be wanted, always in demand. If something is hidden cant say but this looks very obvious.

1 person likes this.
  7. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Probably jealous of you.

8. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Don't take decisions based on what she says.
    You and husband discuss and decide what's best for you.
    Stop sharing every details about your life with her.
    Don't bad mouth about her to your husband unless she says or does something really big then inform him.
    Forget her and live your life happily.

9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Whether to work or not, whether to buy a car or not, whether to go on a vacation or not, whether/when to have a baby, when going to mom's house, and much more are discussions best kept to husband and wife, and others informed about the decision as a given.

Even when living with in-laws.

1 person likes this.
  10. kkmom

kkmom Silver IL'ite

Why are you discussing about your decision with her? It's your life, u and dh has to decide on this, not her.

Cut her off, she is manipulative

1 person likes this.