Co-optex Discount Sale-Worth Buying ?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by SudhaManimaran, Dec 29, 2011.

1. SudhaManimaran

SudhaManimaran Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    We plan to buy some silk sarees in cooptex in the discount sale for this year pongal.
    Please pour your reviews on this regarding how will be the quality and cost effective to buy sarees in the discount sale.
    Also please let me know if its worth buying there than to go to pothys or nalli.
    Expecting all your feedbacks as we plan to do this weekend.

Thanks ad Regards,
    Sudha

2. SudhaManimaran

Anyoe Please pour some ideas o this..? Any one has experience on this buying silk sarees in cooptex in discount sale?

3. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

I've bought lots of cotton salwars on co-optex discount sale and they were so good,co-optex is a government owned store so I really dont think they will cheat on us.Since I am not living in chennai now I really miss the co-optex sale every year,I read in a paper that the silk threads for sarees by pothys,nalli are bought from co-optex only and the sarees are priced three times the orijinal price.I also have lot of silk sarees from co-optex which tops in quality.

4. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

I love both co-optex and kadhi (opposite high court) silk sarees.

If you can manage to motivate the lazy ladies working in Kadhi to show you their collection, then it is definitely worth the price. The silk sarees that i bought from kadhi were very soft and easy to wear. But you will not get a lot of fancy designs. Over the years, I have bought at least 15 silk sarees (mostly as gifts for mom and mil) each with just 1 - 2 cms thick zari. Those saree look elegant and both the ladies love these sarees.

5. SudhaManimaran

Hi ,
    Thanks all for ur feedbacks..
    We went to Cooptex today and purchased some silk sarees. It was good and 30% discount was there for all the things like sarees , bedspread,chudi,bedsheet etc.. silk Sarees starts from 3.5k and cotton sarees is having all varities and in all ranges...

6. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

Nice sudha.. How long is the discount for???
    Annual clearance or something like that???

7. SudhaManimaran

Hi,
    Discount is upto January end they told.Its not like stock clearance.. Its a discount sale for pongal....
    The thing is they dont have more collections as in pothys or in nalli...But the quality wise they give with silk mark

8. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Every year, they have this 30% discount during the entire festival season .(Diwali to christmas to newyear to pongal.

By pongal, the collection will be very less. Better to go just before diwali.