1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning very greasy non stick pans

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Brinda1, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Brinda1

Brinda1 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I used to have a cook who used to wash the utensils as well. Now she has left, and I realise that a lot of my non-stick pans have a lot of oil on them as she never used to clean them properly. What can be done for that? I have tried soaking them overnight in liquid dishwashing soap, but its useless. Any other tips? I am scared to scrub it hard as the non-stick coating will come off.

Thanks.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

keep a few tissues, and a nice soft waste cloth by your side and start heating the pan/tava. swipe it with a tissue/cloth when it is hot..it removes most of the grease.. do it a few times to remove the hard grease..now wash it as usual..

1 person likes this.
  3. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

A great tip by shanvy..
    It works well..i have tried it already

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

yes sp. i have given the same tip somewhere else..don't remember where..so did post it again..it always works..

5. Brinda1

Brinda1 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks all for the tips. I tried it, but it did not work. Maybe because the oil had become a little black. Also, I searched the net and put vinegar and baking soda into the dish overnight. No improvement. Looks like i have to write off this pan. :(

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

still heat the nonstick..and just use the back of a rounded spoon and scoop out the grease..it will be easy to remove. since you are writing it off, give this a try..sometimes, the grease hardens layer by layer over a period of time.

7. achinntya2010

achinntya2010 New IL'ite

Have u tried baking soda and vinegar this way - Add and boil 2 tbspns of baking soda, 1 and half cup vinegar and 1 cup water for 10 minutes. I came across this in a magazine. Just try.

Archana

8. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

This stuff will absolutely work for as I have used it for years. You might need to spray it on and let it sit for some hours but you will be amazed. You can get it at many local stores. In case the link doesn't work for you, it is the Dawn Power Dissolver.

Dawn Soap Products | eStore

9. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

heat water in it and wash it with soap when it is lil hot. INfact earlier i had a servant who used to boil a lil of soap water and clean my pans and tawas...