1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning silver and brass pooja items

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by mohana, Oct 10, 2006.

1. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

Dear Leo and Kamala,

I tried with tooth paste ,my god what a shine ,tooth paste really works well more than teeth.Thanks girls.

Hi Heena ,for cleaning brass items try with tamarind juice,but you need lott of arm muscles.

mohana.:wave

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Glorious Toothpaste!!

I am glad Mohana that you are so pleased:) After your morning brush, smile please:)

Heena..........this makes me wonder. Why not try cleaning your brass with the toothpaste?? You should have no problems to get that even in China:)
    But I would be careful and try it on a small patch, maybe on the bottom of the jar and see if it works and leave it for a day to see if the surface is not otherwise affected. If you are satisfied with the result, then you can go ahead and use it for the brass.

L, Kamla

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

4. Hamsadhwani

Hamsadhwani Senior IL'ite

Pitambari

For cleaning brass items, there is a powder available in India called Pitambari. It is available in Chennai. That does wonders

5. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

dear kamala,
    first of all very sorry for replying late .now i know why ur forum is so lively coz u involve personaly with others problem . take a pat on ur back . ur hard search realy works a lot . i applied toothpaste with soya sauce and it realy works wonder . i applied this and left for overnight . morning i clean it as usaual and it is shinning like new :thumbsup without much arm muscle. txs mohana and twinmom for ur tip .
    regarding life in china is okk . we hv indian friends here . we do kitty parties and all . before there were very less indians but now slowley slowley they r increasing . the only worst thing is language here :x very difficult to learn and they don't even understand english properly . and geeting indian stuff is also a big problem here . but now we r used to of this so just going on . as far i am with my family i can stay even in jungle but china is better than that.

with love

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Great:)

Dear Heena,

I am happy that you possess a shining brass jar now, and that too without taxing your arm muscles too much. In the process, even I have learnt something new and shall follow this toothpaste method next time I attack my brass articles:))

as far i am with my family i can stay even in jungle but china is better than that.
    The above sentence was powerful Heena and it got to me personally. That is how even I think and moved with my hubby anywhere his work took us. I totally understand that sentiment.
    All the best.

L, Kamla

7. Surya

Surya Senior IL'ite

hi,

just happened to see this thread, went through all the posts and your idea of using tooth paste for cleaning is new. i will try and let you know. I use tamarind and all my strength to clean my brass utensils. Kamla, i will get brasso and try it. Thanks to you all for your valuable suggestions.

regards,
    surya

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Thanks and Welcome!

Dear Surya,

I am glad that you now need not tax your muscles too much to polish brass!
    Thanks for appreciating and please feel free to add any of your tips and hints into this forum. We can always learn from each other.
    Enjoy Deepawali with shining puja articles:)

L, Kamla

9. sandy

sandy New IL'ite

hi mohana

i am sandhya,usually i am also using toothpaste for cleaning pooja silver items,it works well,but later again i got it,but i dont know how to clean perminently

regards,
    sandhya.

10. kannamma

kannamma New IL'ite

cleaning of pooja items (brass and silver)

"Peethambari" cleaning powder is so effective in cleaning the Brass / silver and copper materials.
    without much strain to our hands.. all the items turns as a NEW one :)

just try and feed back