1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

cleaning my room at wee hours

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by strangerrr, Feb 22, 2012.

1. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Another strand of cobweb fell as I looked up to see what that was fell in my head first. I came inside my room and let my bag slip of my shoulder. I was kind of tired as I was traveling for last 16 days. I unloaded my bag and put most of the things in place. I don’t know what but something bothering me since I came in.

In another hours time I bathed and completed my other day closing routine. I fired the mosquito coil as an attempt not to have any visible living creature to accompany me while I sleep. I fell in the mat; eyes had its fleshy shutter down and

<<darkness>>

I could no more ignore the voice as it said “I am the only one who knows your secrets and stupidities for last 12 months or so.” - A weird structure, dull whitish in colour and bluish grey batches, dressed with something weaved with jute was almost pleading with me to have complete attention.

It continued “you lost the care for me, which you had when we first met, when you were forced to stay alone. I bet your life took a change from then; you were different personality then; now you bit matured or at least try to act as one, and what, your so-called-enlightments and your crazy writings, which is hardly useful to any all shaped up when you were with me.”

I guess my eyes were closed yet I could see and hear... “And every weekend you used to sweep, mop and clean me. You rearrange your books, stuffs and whatever you had in me. Now it’s been almost 4 weekends since you stayed in me and I never felt the broom on me apart from where you have laid your mat” it continued its lamentations.

Hey is that you? I got who you are!” it should have been a dream as I woke up completely by now and sat my arms around the knees. I looked up and around – cobwebs at least half feet down the ceiling and along the corners. I just had the dim street light, which sneaked in through the half opened window. But it was sufficient to portrait the dismal state of my room. I ran a finger on the floor, dust.

I compelled to get up and clean it as I looked up and around one time again.
    <<Flash>>
    …an idea dawned in my brain (trust me, I do have one). I will definitely pen this incident as I am desperately running out of ideas what to post in my blogs next. How good it will be, if I end it with a note as “as the clock about to strike 2 AM I got up to clean my room, so that I can get rid of my remorse.

Nice! Thank you” I started speaking to my room, may be first time ever in my life I was speaking to a concrete structure. “Thank you! You have given me a nice lead to pen something” I appreciated. “But I am not that good that I will compromise my sleep now & clean you now.” I pulled my bed spread, buried myself completely into it and said “I will try to clean you on weekend, that too first available weekend. Gud nite :*!!
    <<darkness>>

~Aug ‘2010

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Nice stranger!! I just had a cleaning spree last evening around 10.... after the kids were in bed and i had done all my routine chores for the day.... it seems odd, but not for me, i do it often, when i want to clean, the time of the day does not matter!!

Good that you got a lovely inspiration from your room to for your blogs:)

Akila

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I actually see two things accomplished:

1) A subject chosen for the blog
    2) The room gets cleaned over the weekend as a gratitude shown for giving a subject.

So when you are not surfing world wide web, we can safely assume that you are surfing a cobweb. How unfair it is for a eight legged insect to create so much work for a two-legged man? Why don't you enter into pact with the insect that it won't drop those pieces of its house down in return for you to keep their houses undisturbed for a while?

Viswa

4. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Gud one....

I thought you had atleast start to clean up but.....;-)

Good twist...finally got an idea for this blog....I hope you do keep the promise of cleaning the room atleast for giving the idea for the blog...LOL

5. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

LOL! Call it strange, but even I have this sort of conversation with my room. There are times when I come back tired and all I want is to have a good night sleep. Nevertheless, the moment I put my head on the soft pillows, I could almost hear a distant voice telling me that the room needs a cleaning. I swear, it does sound like the room itself is begging me to clean it.

And no matter how tired I am, I know nothing is going to stop the voice from talking until and unless I perform my duty! Hey, at least I do clean it ;-)

6. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

But then, are you talking about the room where you live in / the room in your mind, which you choose to be in? :) Whatever it may be, cleaning is still required. Yes.
    You may not know
    What you uncover
    When you try to clean,
    What once had there been.

Thanks. -rgs

7. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

He he he , if u wud have cleaned,it wud be a surprise :) Somehow i thought u will not be cleaning :rotfland u dint :thumbsup.. Hope u will clean this weeknd :)

8. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

thanks for your fb akila & my glad for you that yours is the first (unsure, if you used the 'placeholder' trick this time too)

you should me more like ammaa, she never ends her day untill the kitchen & entire home is neat and clean to her standards.

9. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

thanks for your fb vishwa,

i realy wonder if spiders has to take some revenge on me, the spiders at the house i mentioned here were very active.

10. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

thanks for the fb lalitha,

please note i am one of those lazy boy, who dont compromise on 2 essential tasks of life, eating & sleeping. i fulfilled my promise by the weekend.

:)