1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Clean Home

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by upfsabari, Oct 31, 2011.

1. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,

My house is really messed up.
    Whenever I try to clean up, something or the other comes up and I end up not doing it...

Is any thread already started like this?? If yes, I'm ready to join.

If not, anybody willing to join me..??

I'm really in need of motivation...

4 people like this.

2. ravs

ravs Senior IL'ite

I am ready to join, because i need motivation too.

3. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi friends

I'll join you. I normally keep things clean. Mostly I put back things in it's place after use. But with kids definitely we cannot have our home as museum. I'll try to make some points to follow everyday, weekly schedule, and monthly schedules after this weekend. Will also search this forum if already that is posted. By posting those I'll also be motivated to follow the schedules.

First to start with this is my wardrobe

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/members/123537-albums3461.html

Regards
    Manjukps

9 people like this.
  4. Vijaya@17

Vijaya@17 Silver IL'ite

very nice thread. Indeed we all need motivation. Thanks for sharing the photos.

5. upfsabari

Hi Ravs,

I'm ready for this.. When shall we start? What is the plan??

6. upfsabari

Hi Manjukps,

I've seen your wardrobe.. It is neatly arranged..
    Please do share some points everyday or weekly.. It will help everyone of us..

7. upfsabari

Thank you so much for peeping in Vijaya.. :)

8. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

These are the works I did today.

On weekdays my dh will not be able to give me a helping hand. On weekends yes he can.

1. Normally we make a list of things to be repaired. We schedule those according to where it is located. If it is electronics dh takes care of it on a Saturday. Had arranged for persons to come in overhead tanks cleaning. Taken care of by hubby.

2. As I don't have to pack lunch on Saturday's I take bath little later. So my Saturday schedule will be toilet cleaning, cobwebs cleaning, after breakfast. Then after bath cooking lunch.

3. I have kept a bag where we all put the clothes which need mending after informing me what has to be done. So today I took that bag and did all mending. When kids arrived we had lunch together.

Tomorrow I'll be busy as guests are coming. For the whole of next week except on Monday I have schedules of going out till Friday. But definitely i'll prepare a table of schedule and post it as soon as possible. Also will prepare a list of tips to be followed.

Regards
    Manjukps

9 people like this.
  9. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi ladies,

Today after rich(all buttery and creamy) lunch everybody is fast asleep while my daughter (9yrs) and her 1yr younger cousin are burning their calories.

Ok. Now who wants to start cleaning up the mess from scratch, this week alone will be a mega cleaning week. 1. First organize your DH's, then yours, then your kids or whichever order you find it convenient. Why I tell your dH's first is, on seeing his organized wardrobe, he will be appreciating you and that will motivate you to continue your good job.

2. The only request you have to make him is, to let you know if any minor alterations needed in arranging. Then if he is a person who will take care of his putting his own clothes in order, let him do it, if not tell him only to take things out and you take care of folding and maintaining the arrangement.

3. Second you should take yours, because if you keep yours for last day, you might feel it could be done later.

4. Then your kid / kids.

Tips.

Most important is morning itself commit to somebody, be it your mom or DH or DD or DS or by posting in this thread that you are going to finish this job today. So to meet the commitment you will finish it for sure and report to whom you have committed.

1. do it on alternate days. If you r doing same job continuously you might get bored.
    2. Arrange clothes of daily use in the easily accessible shelves. Occasional wares could be kept at the back of lower shelves / at the back rows.
    3. Use shoe box / plastic trays to put away the inners of kids separately.
    4. Everybody could have a practice of taking clothes on top and stacking washed clothes underneath the existing stack or in a different stacks, so that the usage will be in rotation.

Ok other alternate days you can indulge in fridge cleaning, cob webs cleaning, equipments like moxie, microwave etc.
    5. When starting take a deep breath, think that there is no hurry and you Are going to fold and stack one at a time.
    6. First stack the clothes on the floor by seggregating according to usage and varieties.
    7. Don't do this the entire day. Have 1 to 2 hrs for yourself to do your hobbies / interesting things. You can split this to different times.
    8. When you are getting bored, relax and say to yourself 99% over, just another 1% and I am finished.
    9. Do these things while seeing TV or hearing songs.
    10. Evenings you spend time only with kids and simple dinner.

I think this kind of schedule will fit for homemakers. Working women have to do it in the weekends. Just put an extra 2 hrs and later its all about follw up. Hope this will be useful. Will post more ideas as it pops up.

I will give the follow up ideas later.

Regards
    Manjukps

10 people like this.
  10. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi ladies,

Sum up here in this thread whatever you do, even a simple cleaning of mixie or gas stove which will motivate others to follow.

Regards
    Manjukps