Clarrification about pregnant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by BuviVishal, Feb 10, 2012.

1. jogu07

jogu07 Gold IL'ite

Hi Buvi,

Pls note that, inspite of the fact that u need to take these medicines regularly and religiously, also note that u need to calm and stay positive, it is my personal experience that if u hv ur medicines regularly and stress urself the medicines wont work...

Even I hav hypothyroid and need to take medicine every day...Along with that the doc has adviced that I need to be calm, shoud not stress, stay positive, dont panic k...Compose urself dear gal, nothing is impossible, if u hv a strong heart and a strong will, everything will fall in place trust me...

Also, for your information, it is a myth tht thyroid tablets harm un pregnancy, in fact they are all the more essential in pregnancy, pls take them as adviced by ur doc cause your doc knows the best...

@Sitharaj : Dear, the thyroid medicines are imp in pregnancy, do not miss them at any cost and pls follow ur doc's advice...A friend of mine delivered last month(thyroid patient), she relied completely on her doc and delivered a healthy baby, touch wood, also for your information the baby does not have thyroid problem...

Hope this helps...:) Keep smilin and lots of baby dust to u all.....:)

2. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

hi buvana...

when they first administer you with thyroid medication; they start with an X amount and then
    (you would have been advised by your doctor to repeat the test again in 3 months)- based on your result levels then, your dosage levels will be increased or decreased.

It is always advisable to get your thyroid levels monitored every 3 months; unless stated by the doctor else- whom sometimes say that 6 months is fine.

Like our friends have mentioned here- there is no need to worry or stress. there are lots of ladies in this world with thyroid and other gynec issues; it is very normal. If this will boost your morale, my gynec who is post 50 years, was on thyroid medication when she was young, had 3 babies all fine and now one of her daughters (who is also a doctor) is due along with me.

The point is, you are just fine... dont worry about anything

3. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

Jogu07.. so true about the thyroid medications. I have had many telling me not to take and stuff, but with nothing in the world will i stop taking them!!!

I even had someone telling me there is no need to take prenatal vitamins and it will harm the baby, just to keep them in good humor and not to offend them, I nod my head (just respecting their age) and i continue with my lifestyle as prescribed by my doctor...

4. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

hi Jogu,

I am having hypertyroid. before marraige i got periods regularly after marriage only my regular periods cycle is got broken :-(. By nature i wont speak out normally. whatever i feel bad i used to keep within myself. wont expose easily.. i am thinking that if i exposed other end persons will get affect more because of my words. if someone hurts me na i wont speak out just sit as calm and after that moment i will feel about their words in empty room. if i they hurts me lot na i will cry and leave from that one.

Is this also will affect my health????

REgards
    Buvana

5. jogu07

jogu07 Gold IL'ite

Dear Buvana,

This is the cause of your deteriorating health...I mean stress and worry are the root cause of many diseases....thats y I keep sayin tht u must keep calm...and if not before pls start practicising these from on,

1. Do not keep anythin to urself, this will affect ur health...Talk/Vent out everything that is worryin u, makes u happy, in short start sharing whatever is playin in ur mind, this is required for a healthy mind and body...if u do not have a close friend or relative with whom u can share u can share here with us, we are here to help u, guide u, advice u, u can share any and everything with us....

2. Start meditating for sometime, u can start with 15-20 mins daily...this is required to refresh ur mind....pls try it, it really works, trust me....

3. Do not skip ur medicines, pls take them as prescribed by your doc, it is very important, have faith in ur doc and the medication he/she is givin u...

4. Have confidence in urself, stay strong and stay positive....also, u need to exercise daily, I mean if u cannot join a gym or something, u can start by walkin for a while daily...

I am sure once u start including these things in ur routine, ur thyroid, PCOS everythin will be under control within no span of time....Have faith in God...He is great and is there to take care of all of us....

Hope this helps, start doin it rite now babe....LOL...P

Now smile please...:)

6. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi Jogu,

Thanks for your reply. indus ladies forum helping me lot for my troubles. Really i feel happy thanks to this forum. I will follow the given steps. i am not that much weight (height=160cm and weight = 56.7). i did not join in gym. i have started to do walking. daily eveing i can walk only 1 km (in office i am doing:)). weekend only i can walk 2 - 3 km:-(. taking tablets regularly. Lets c. As you told i am having more confident in my doctor words and myself. Praying god lets c. as of now i am avoiding to get pregnant. i am thinking that it will affect my child. i conveyed this to my husband too....

once again thanks to indusladies. its helping me lot

Thanks
    Buvana

1 person likes this.
  7. jogu07

jogu07 Gold IL'ite

Dear Buvana,

As of now u shud avoid it as the increased level(thyroid) affects the growth of the baby, so it is important tht u first take proper medication and keep checkin/trackin ur thyroid level every 2-3 mnths and once under control u can TTC....

Best of luck dear....Take good care of ur health...!!!

8. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Buvi,

Our friends in this forum have gievn such valuable advice. I hope that after reading all this, you are feeling like a much better person already.

It is good that you finally spoke to your husband and told him of your decision. If you both have cooperation and understanding, then nobody's words will affect you. Thyroid is not something dangerous or to be afraid of. Many women have this problem but do not let it affect your everyday life. Treat it as anything casual. This way, even you will feel light and will not stress yourself. Give yourself some time and also let the medicines do their job and take care of your problem.

9. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

thanks for giving more info about my problems. Last week i went to my mother home town and met one gynecologist in Trichy. she saw each and every report which i tested in chennai. after seen she said that nothing to worry. you are having very less thyroid. because of that your tsh hormon level is got increased as >150. its hypothyroid like that she told. and then she told by seeing you, you are not a thyroid patient.

she told if you get pregnant it wont affect the child :). i got little bit confused. anyway i am taking tablet regularly. I just want to know whether its vary depends upon everyone health condition?????

10. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

so cool...

what a relief it will be to hear that from a doctor. than God buvana and i am very happy for you :)

every person is different and so what we pass on to our kids is also different and there is no hard and fast rule that everything the mother has- the kid should also get..

you are just fine girl :) continue with the medication as suggested by your doctor