Clarrification about pregnant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by BuviVishal, Feb 10, 2012.

1. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi

This is my first post in this forum.

From many days i am finding the place where and how to ask my doubt. atlast i found indusladies:thumbsup. it is helping me lot in all sceneros. My special thanks to this site.

I got married in last june. still i did not get pregnant. first month i got period as before marriage(normally i got periond within 30-34days). after that the cycle is collapsed. i got period 51st day on every month:cry:. In my second month period i thought i am pregnant and tested three times but 51st day i got periods. I took scan and consulted the doctor. she told nothing is abnormal. she gave folic acid tablet. i am taking this tablet regularly before bed. daily i am travelling 45 kms from home to office by train. my mother and MIL said that if you travel like this you will get periods. i consulted with doctor she told that this is not a reason.

i am staying in first floor in my home. parents and MIL told that dont go in steps but i cant avoid the steps because of i am going to office by train (when i get the train and got down from the train i am using steps) i am doing household activities lot. not sit in idle. can you please tell me is anything i am doing mistakes here. give some suggestions to get a pregnant. all my relatives started to ask the reason for not getting pregnant:idea

What are all steps i have to follow to get pregnant.:?: in my office also i dont have that much work pressure.

P.S curently my periods cycle due date is 47th day. My last period date is 26th Jan. not tested till now.

Thanks
    Buvana

2. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

hi...

I dont know much about all this... but even m trying to conceive... all i have learned is to knw your body... i would suggest you should observe the signs that your body give .. you should knw when are you ovulating.. try ovulation kit if you can.. work normal.. take more of leafy vegetables .. avoid ny kind of stress... and if possible consult another doctor jst as a precautionary measure...

Hope my suggestion has been helpfull...

baby dust to you.. all the best

god bless you

3. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Dear Buvi...

Visit a good gynaecologist and get a proper hormonal test and any other test required to rule out any problems. You delayed periods seem to be because of some hormonal imbalance. I too faced a similar problem and I was advised tablets to regularise my periods. So, I dont think there is any major cause for concern dear.

Your doctor is indeed right. The amount of travelling or body movement does not make periods come or make them stop. Menstrual cycle is based on the proper hormonal balance. It is ok if sometimes due to a bit of extra stress or strain that there may be a week or two up or down in your cycle.

You are just about to complete a year of marriage so do not panic. Just because relatives and people ask questions about having a child, it does not mean that it is time for you to plan. You and your spouse should both be ready mentally also for a child. So, please do not bother about ant pressure from people around you.

As for tips to getting pregnant, I guess you know that unprotected intercourse during your ovulation is the best time to expect something to happen. Meanwhile, if you are in a hurry, then it would be best to speak to your gynaec in person.

And indeed, you have chosen Indusladies as a good place to post your queries. Here we get tips and suggestions and advice from not one, but many who may have gone through similar experiances.

2 people like this.
  4. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Hi bhuvi,
    I too have irregular periods, from the beginning...which really got worse after my marriage... I am currently 12 weeks 1 day pregnant with my first baby and so far everything looks healthy.

There are so many reasons for these that if you want to truly try to get pregnant and they haven't been looked into I'd say have your doctor check things out. Also it might help to use the ovulation kits. some women swear by them.

First check for any hormonal imbalances (thyroid being a large one), check for ovarian cysts as well. These are some of the biggest culprits. Also evaluate your weight and make sure you are not too thin or too heavy (too much or too little weight can cause periods to be irregular).

Hope this helps.

5. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

hi

still i did not get periods. but i did not feel any symptoms to get pregnant. 50th day (last period cycle date is 26th dec) i did not test yet. i am planning to do test in home itself on coming week end. Is it fine?

6. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Yes dear, go ahead and do a test at home itself first thing in the morning with the first urine sample. Most of the time, these preg kits give a correct result.

Whether its negative or positive (goodluck to you), do make a visit to the doctor. Irregular and delayed periods is an awful thing to live with. Get yourself treated, so that with regular periods you will also be able to track your ovulating days which will help you to plan for conceiving also.

7. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Actually how many days after we should test the pregnancy.. someone says from 30 days we can test. as i got experience from past few months i am testing after 50 days only... i have one more doubt the peoples are saying that 5 weeks 6 days,,, 12 weeks 1 day. how it will be calculated. if i got positive result (hope so) how many weeks for me (eager to know this)

8. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

Hi bhuvi,
    51 days is a very long cycle.. Sometimes periods do come late due to stress, vigorous exercises but 51 days every time is something u should check with the doc.. What is your weight and height? Are u under correct bmi? It sounds to me like hormonal imbalance which causes ovarian cysts some people do not have cyst like appearance in the ovaries it may look normal in ultrasound but they may actually face the problem of hormone imbalance the same thing is applicable vice versa too.. Have a blood test done to check for hormonal problems.. Pregnancy week is calculated by lmp it also depends on how long your cycle is if you have a long cycle u must have ovulated later when compared to woman having a normal. 28 days cycle.. Make sure that u do ovulate regularly u can buy a basal body temperature or a ovulation predictor kit or u can simply check the cervical mucus using your finger...hope it helps you

9. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

hi

My height is 5.3 ft. my weight is 58. before marriage itself i am getting periods once in a 35 days. last month i checked my hemoglobin test alone. i am having 8.34. Is it normal???????

10. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

Hi BuviVishal...

I understand in women- the heamoglobin levels should be something above 12 (which is considered healthy); even for 11 doctors prescribe iron supplements...

Like the ILites suggested, I guess you should discuss your case, about delayed periods and the heamoglobin. This is not just for the pregnancy sake, but your health is important. A normal cycle means things are happening okay and even a few days delay means something inside isnt that right.

We need our bodies forever and the journey is long; so take good care :)

Good luck