Clarify my doubt please

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by babychinnu, Feb 10, 2009.

1. babychinnu

babychinnu Senior IL'ite

Hi ILadies,

I am a regular viewer if ILadies but silently. :). Got so much of information of all aspects through this site. Am in some doubt and want to ask you people ...

Just after the ovulation period (1-2 days), if intercourse is succesful (during ovulation period), will the foetus be formed?

Actually, just after this period DH and myself were going on bike and I faced a heavy thud as the road was bumpy. On that day, lot of pain was there in my lower abdomen. Dont know what happened....Was a bit worried. :confused2:Will there be any wrong sign because of this thud?

I too go on bike to office. Please let me know if these bumpy road driving causes any negative impact.:help

babychinnu.

2. hemachidam

hemachidam New IL'ite

Hi
    Dont worry.I think only after confirmation we need to take care otherwise u go ahead.Even doctors advise to do exercise.Wait and see some experienced friends will give u suggestions.

bye

3. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Babychinnu,

I do not think there is anything wrong with riding a two wheeler when TTC. I used to. Only take care to go over potholes and speed breakers smoothly. As for the fetus being formed, here is a link you might want to go through - How your menstrual cycle works (referenced)
    Hope this is helpful. Do write back in case you need more information.

Regards,
    Anitha

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI BabyChinnu,
    Chances are there for the conception to be successful if IC is done 1-2 days later. But we cannot make sure. Just be careful on roads. Lower abdomen pain can be because of both ovulation & road incidence. Nothing could become wrong until you find you are pregnant. Till that Eat healthy & take care of yourself. Deal the rest later! Be happy!

5. babychinnu

babychinnu Senior IL'ite

Hi Hemachidam, anitha and Vasumathy

Thanks for your reply.:)
    Will eat good food and will wait for 1 or 2 weeks to know the result.

Vasumathy, 1 or 2 days which i gave in my message are the day bike incidence happened and which is after the ovulation period. IC happened 3-4 times in ovulation period only. but not the whole week continuously.

Hope everything goes well.

bye
    babychinnu.

6. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Hi Chinnu,
    I asked this same question to the gync here and she told me that before we do IC it is fine to do whatever we want like biking or rigrous exercising or running, etc. But after the IC we should be careful infact she asked me to totally avoid doing rigrous activity since if we conceive after the ovulation there might be some issues and we might also miscarry due to these activities.
    -Priya

7. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

yeah babychinnu has raised a valid doubt.

i am surprised that anitha has been courageous enough to drive vehicle even during pregnancy. Great !!:wow

even i am afraid to drive vehicle or travel even in auto even before i get confirmation ( ie i dont travel anywhere after 14th of my cycle) I have become so apprehensive that even small speed breaker will harm if good thing happening...:shaking:

our roads are bad, be it what ever city, so i have sold away my two-wheeler and stopped travelling anywhere!!Drowning

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Hema,
    Following are my opinion only!
    I too never had second thought about traveling after conception. I do traveling for minimum 2 hrs each day by two wheeler & bus (2 wheeler for short distance & govt bus for the remaining distance!). I don't think traveling will give you any worst effect. After confirmation we can have more safety measures. Why to get troubled each day work?
    What do you think dear girls?

9. babychinnu

babychinnu Senior IL'ite

Hi Priya (Hydgrr), Hemadurga and vasumathy,
    Thanks for your replies.

Priya, you have written that there can be a chance of miscarrying also. I am a bit worried on listening to this :(. Can it be possible, and if so, how will we get to know that something of this sort has happened if we dont go to a gyneac as our periods comes normally?

Babychinnu.

10. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

I can't agree more Vasumathy.
    Even after my preg started, i hv been using car and (mostly) 2 wheeler.. just for convenience sake, as there is no other easier way of transport from my place to office. Just being extra extra careful during TTC and now.

Reg. babychinnu's question, if the baby is forming properly or formed already properly, a small speedbreaker or pothole might not cause any damage to it. Bad roads might cause a damage similar to the damage it can cause to say ur spinal chord or wrist or any other part of the body due to the hump on the road. Just like these do not happen always, a miscarriage dont happen always too. But its better to be careful and avoid bad roads during these times.. if u hv no choice but to take out ur 2 wheeler, go very very slow, and a near-to-full brake when pothole or speed breaker is nearing. wish you all the best girls..

Thyagarajan likes this.