clarify my doubt about shashti pooja

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by dolly21, Oct 9, 2013.

1. dolly21

dolly21 Senior IL'ite

Hi

I want to start shasti pooja from tomorrow .I planned to go for ivf in january.I want to do pooja for atleast 5 shastis.but by january I may complete only 3 shastis.
    Can i continue the remaining 2 shastis after ivf ?? Also please tell me should i fast till evening without taking anything or else can i take fruits afternoon ? Can i take chapathi for dinner or only fruits?

Anyone clarify my doubts.

1 person likes this.

2. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You can do the fasting till the 3 months and later on go with veg, pooja & rest of the stuffs. By Nov, there is Maha Shasti. Fast those 6 days, that will be better. Check the thread mentioned by Usha. That will be useful. hang out there, you will get more information!
    Take care. All the best. Baby dust to you.

4. dolly21

dolly21 Senior IL'ite

Gokusha &,vasumathy

Thanks for your replies.

5. adinil

adinil Silver IL'ite

all the best dolly21 and hope you get successful :2thumbsup:

6. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Dolly you can also do this..

As Vasu suggested you can do Maha Shasti in Nov... For October and December
    month you can just go to temple on shasti day and pray Lord...

You can start Shasti once your IVF is completed....

7. jananisai

jananisai Senior IL'ite

Dear Dolly,

May Goddess Sashti devi bless you with healthy baby soon.
    U might be wondering I am addressing Sashti Devi. Yes I am doing it intentionally. Though south indians worship Lorf Muruga on Sashti thithi and keep vratha, But actually this vratha is for Sashti Devi who is the wife of Skanda (Muruga). In Brahma Vaivartha purana, Devi Bhagavatham, Skanda puranam Lord himself was explaining to Naradha muni about the worship of Devi Sashti. So kindly worship her for the success of ur IVF.

1 person likes this.
  8. jananisai

jananisai Senior IL'ite

Continuation...
    I have compiled the pooja vidhanam in Endlish. Will share it with you and also immediately start listening to the Sashti devi slokam which u can download it from the below mediafire file.Bombay Jayashri - Vatsalyam
    24 hrs let this sloka be played in teh place where u reside. My small advice is by keeping ur stomach empty u will become sick and worried about the food only. Sai Baba says, Have stomach full and remember GOD.

9. jananisai

jananisai Senior IL'ite

Continuation...
    I have shared this sloka and pooja details and also conducted this pooja to many people. They are blessed with healthy babies. This is very powerful and very rare.. I have done long hours of result and as a result I have twin babies , one boy and one girl and they are now 3 years. All because of the blessings of Sashti Devi.

10. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Gokusha,

Thanks for sharing the link..Read this thread now, and today happens to be Shashti...as per the information we have to fast for 9 weeks...I fast on Tuesdays for Muruga and have one only meal that day after 6 PM..I have prayed to do this for 12 weeks, and have completed 10 already...I listen to Shashti Kavacham alomst 4-5 times every day...If I finish 12 weeks..should I then observe fast on Shashti and then keep it for 9 weeks ???

Also should I read, or is it OK to listen to shashti kavacham...Please let me know....thank you....

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013