1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Clarify Me Pls

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Princess23, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Princess23

Princess23 Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I havent logged into indusladies for a very long time since i was busy handling my son and back to India from USA and joined back in job, now i have a small issue with my SIL which is disturbing my mind. kindly confirm what i did is right or wrong.

I have 3 SIL's, During chennai flood(Dec 2015) i stayed in 3rd SIL house since my DH was in USA and i was serving my notice period, her DH was lying next to me itseems and luckily i was completely into my blanket with my head out, so she asked him to move out from that place and fought with him itseems. but genuinely speaking he is very good in my point and i use to call him as anna and he too treated me the same. she told this to another SIL after a year and i came to know this when i am back to india with my son and stayed in her (3rd SIL) house.(July 2018) she itself started the topic to me and i promised her that he was so genuine and not even treated me like that and i told the same to my DH immediately. he consoled me to forget this since family will be shattered and few things cannot be discussed again and again. she didnt told me that my 2nd SIL knows this. but now they both (2nd and 3rd SIL) had a fight and 2nd SIL told everything to me and how she was thinking bad about me that time standing in 2nd SIL shoes. it hurts me very badly and i cried a lot to her and to my DH.

2nd ISSUE: i came to india on Dec2017 for my babyshower and brother marriage (ours is a love marriage and my parents didnt accept my DH and now they are very much happy about my decision) that time 3rd SIL told itseems, they are coming in flight for her brother marriage who didnt come for her marriage and why we need to do for her babyshower so everyone should give only 500 rs to her not more than that. this word hurts me more when i came to know through 2nd SIL. but all the three SIL was speaking very nice to me and dint show face to me but on my back these people discussed this. i couldnt take it up now bcos i did so much for them and even JAN 2017 my 3rd SIL daughter attended her age we gifted her 3 sovereigns even though we were not here.

Real problem is, I fought with my DH and asked him to talk to them immediately on this, first he pleased me to leave it, but my thought was, she would have told the same story to so many so i need a full stop here. at-last my DH asked her today and told her not to call me anymore.

Please tell me what i did is right or wrong? wish i would have kept my mouth shut now. but i felt like it needs to be addressed immediately bcos she told me that only her friends know this now my 2nd SIL is saying the same story. i am so worried now.

did i make it big?

2. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

Nothing wrong with what you did and you didn't make it bigger than it was either. Whatever you felt was the right thing to do in that moment you did it. Now that it's done, move on. Let bygones be bygones. Big positive I see here is your DH supported you :thumbup:

Princess23 and sindmani like this.
  3. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

Some people need a reason to talk and connect with other ppl. Gossping and badmouthing flourish because of this.
    Even though you told her to stop, she is not going to stop.
    You did nothing wrong..so leave it there.

Princess23 likes this.
  4. RealisticMe

RealisticMe Junior IL'ite

Its hard to forgive and forget, but thats the best thing you can do. If she brings it up again ever, tell her right away that you do not like it. Badmouthing does not go a long way. Your family will understand you sooner or later (or maybe they already do), and you can have one to one bond with all your SILs. Relax, give time and move on. You did nothing wrong, you dont have to prove that to anyone.

Princess23 likes this.
  5. Princess23

Princess23 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Lalitha for your consoling words, i am little satisfied now that i dint make it big. My DH is upset even now for fighting with their sisters but he will be ok soon:)

Lalithambigai likes this.
  6. Princess23

Princess23 Silver IL'ite

I felt guilty bcos of the fight i created even though my DH told me to be calm. i felt like this kind of issues needs to addressed then and there.

Thanks YoGirl :)

7. Princess23

Princess23 Silver IL'ite

@RealisticMe My DH were very much supportive in this, but he doesn't want to ask anyone about it since its a sensitive matter but i fought with him to ask it immediately. he called them and told to stop this and not to do gossip anymore calling me. his assumption is, since they are calling me and talking for hours all these unnecessary matters are coming into my ears and its causing issues between us (Me and DH).

8. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Hmmm... Why was your sils dh lying next to you? You don't think it's inappropriate? Keep your distance from her husband.

9. Princess23

Princess23 Silver IL'ite

Hi @parvathi1980, Still i am not sure whether he lay down next to me or not, but i heard their talks in a husky way, i thought they are talking/romancing something. i still remember that day. i didnt stayed in their house when this topic came to my ears through my 3rd SIL itself. after that i avoided going there

10. RealisticMe

RealisticMe Junior IL'ite

its ok, give it some time. Time is the biggest healer.

Princess23 likes this.