1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Circumcision for my yet to be born nephew?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by akalya, Oct 3, 2006.

1. akalya

akalya Junior IL'ite

Friends,

My sister asked me to ask you folks this. She is going to have a baby boy in the near future. Should she circumcision her son? In India, it is not a practice among Hindus and she feels no reason to do it. But, looks like her doctors are recommending it and she wants to know what the young mothers here did.

Its a little awkward, but looks likes she is a little worried about this decision as she is hearing that this might also contribute to sexual happiness (or unhappiness) of her unborn child. What all we need to worry about, god! Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Akalya

2. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

Dear Akalya,
    there is no need to do circumcision if it is not ur practise!not every doctor recomends it....the benifits of circumcision are still under research and no hard core proof yet....i am also going to have a baby boy in a few weeks time and i have decided not to do circumcision as it is not a practise among hindus....why not read up few books on the subject and then make the decision.All the best!

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    Our son had a circumcision when he was 8, because he used to get urinary infections. Nowadays, even Hindus in India do it in the health aspect. The doctors say it is a good idea, it prevents urinary infections and also later in life it will be useful. If you plan to do it, do it when the child is very young. There is nothing wrong in doing something if it is beneficial, no need to worry about religious aspects. Already we are all not living according to the religious laws, are we?

4. asmasheereen

asmasheereen New IL'ite

Hi, is there any age bar doing circumcision? appreciate your advice, thanks, br asma